Running BlC on Windows XP - Please read if you are having trouble...

My game is a Sold Out version would this matter?
I have read somewhere that the files that fix blc on windows XP don't run on Sold Out versions of the game, can anybody please verify this?

When i extract it, it says to check the Visual C++ 6.0 for documentation on asserts. How do i do that?

Hi, I was wondering if there are files which will work with the SWC version of the game. These files do not work for me because it says that it can't find the brian lara cricket cd.
I'm having the same problem getting my copy of SWC running in XP. I've done everything sugested (downloaded/installed XP fix files), (Downloaded/installed XP safedisc fix). When I go to run the game it pops up sayin can't find BLC. I'm not sure who made the files but could he/she make some SWC files, I think the games would B nearly the same so it shouldn't B too much hassle altering them.

[color=#000000:post_uid14]Hi!I have a problem.I have downloaded both Winrar and winace,I have even downloaded all of 3Dfx,software and the rest but when I try opening one of the files it says some sort of error message which makes me angry.When I had windows 98(I have windows XP now)the infamous coin flip happened but it didn't happen if I entered world cup(if I entered world cup the sound would come back)and there's another thing that happened,I COULDN'T HIT THE BLOODY BALL!My batsmen just left the ball!But for people who are experiancing the coin flip jam do this...When it happens restart the game and switch off the sound then play any game and exit it and restart the game,the sound should work now.Thank u very much and remember to solve my problem.[/color]

Hi guys,
Here is the complete procedure to run BLC on windowsXP...taken from a variety of sources:

1) Install as normal off the CD-ROM.You can perform both NORMAL or FULL installation.You can change the default installation directory if you wish.[b:post_uid0]Do not install the BLC patch! - this method works only with the original version and not the patched version[/b:post_uid0].

2)Download the files released by CODEMASTERS here:
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/blcfiles.htm
PS:Those files are in .rar format so get WINRAR from http://www.rarsoft.com to extract them.

3)On the title screen (with pic of Brian Lara) press right and then enter, before the screen disappears. Then if sound works on the menu screen you should not have the infamous hang-at-toss problem.

4) Run the game as normal. Note you must have the game CD in the CD ROM drive.

Cheers.

O.K.I have finally got Brian Lara Cricket working,but the coin flip keeps on happening.Ritwik,how do u press right?Do u mean right click or on the keyboard.I'm sorry if I'm annoyng but it's the first time I have got Brian Lara Cricket running this year.

Hi All,
I am having the same problem as sheepishshaun.
I am not able to install BLC at all and it gives me that error described by sheepishshaun at around 92% installation.

Is there any remeady for this?

Thanks
Gurudatt

Error I am getting..

Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: D:Programs
etsPracticetmdPTWICK.TMD
Error No. -113

Is there any way of fixing this?
It is the Sold Out version of Brian Lara Cricket
Ive notice that other people have mentioned this problem can you tell me if you are using the Sold Out version as well.

Thanks
Gurudatt

[color=#000000:post_uid9]I press right on my keyboard to get the sound on the main menu,and the sound works :D but whenever I generate the innings or quit the match the sound goes off :angry: .Can anyone help me?Also,how do you make your batsmen run back to their crease when they're running(to avoid being run out)I can do that on the playstation version but don't know what to press on the P.C. version.Can anyone help me?[/color]

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>ritwik dood,
i installed the patch
when i press right and press enter ( makes typical beep sound)
but then i dont get any sound on the menu, and the also after selecting the teams, it shows conditions and says" loading please wait" ( before the toss) and then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Urgent help needed plz</span>

The screen goes black ? Do you have the original version of the game or not and also, whats your computers configuration ?

yeah dood, its the original cd
prev when i used to play on win98, the same thing used to happen ie. the screen used to go black and the toss used to start.
but in this case it goes black, and nuffin happen l8r
my pc config aint a prob, since i have played it before,
550mhz
128mb sd ram
on board graphics on 810e mobo

btw which directX version u using ?
shit i dunno, why this patch aint workin.

[color=#000000:post_uid10]I have this constant crashing bug on my Brian Lara Cricket.Sometimes it crashes when I save the game and continue to play,sometimes it crashes when the commentaters discuss the teams.And when the commentaters discuss the teams,they only talk about the Pakistan team.Does anyone have a solution?[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread