Say no to Doordarshan

iceman_waugh u live in Maharashtra..
Down here in Chennai we don't get ESPNStar,Ten Sports etc without the Set Top Box which would cost thousands. + a monthly bill of Rs.350
Currently were are paying Rs.80 ...See the difference in cost.
So if they show all the matches in DD Sports itself it would save us money.

I don't find the coverage to be soo bad.
The fourth Umpire sucks..but the match coverage is not so bad & u know DD National has lesser ads than DD Sports.
I keep changing between both these channels.It's in DD Sports u miss a ball.

Agreed that it costs a lot now with the set top box and all.
I am also not saying that Doordarshan should not show the matches at all.

i'm just saying that the rights may be given to a special team like Espn-Star or Ten who can produce the feed for them selves and show it on their own channels. And now with the new govt. legislation it makes it mandatory for the channels to share feed with Doordarshan so that it reaches the max number of ppl available.

Thats all.Also the coverage is okay.But the commentry sucks except for fernando and shashtri.

iceman_waugh said:
But the commentry sucks except for fernando and shashtri.

I qoute myself here.
If anyone watched the 2nd match..one would've noticed that arun laal was criticizing dravid's decision to have sreesanth as super sub.(as it had rendered useless given india were bowling first)

This just goes to show that their commentators also do not know that the super sub is the twelth man who has to be selected before the toss. :eek:

DD has got a bunch of dumest stupidest comentators
00000037.gif

But I can tolerate them atleast I get free Cricket.

Well you just can'thave thses guys blabbering all over the place for the entire world to hear their stupid comments.

All the boards fault.:
A.C.Muthaih should never have given the rights to DD in the first place in 2001.Thats where the problem started with DD demanding money from the BCCI to produce and telecast the matches.

neon said:
I had written a post on Fourth Umpire a few months back in my blog. It still seems applicable to the current situation.

An excerpt:
?The Fourth Umpire? has four crackpots (I?m being kind here) reviewing the events of a cricket match. There are so many reasons to hate this show. I have put them down in points for your reading pleasure.

1.The opening credits are made in powerpoint 95.
2.Roshni Chopra (presenter) knows zilch about cricket, dresses stupidly and looks anorexic. Other than that she?s great.
3.Charu Sharma(presenter) thinks that his voice is soothing but actually its pretty creepy. He tends to heat things up (ask Roshni) in the studio with his macho language and muscular looks.
4.Kris Srikkant speaks Hindi. It wouldn?t be that bad if he actually knew how to speak Hindi. But he doesn?t. He uses the adjective ?superb? for every thing. It was a superb shot, a superb delivery, a superb catch (I hope ur getting my drift). He has an ugly beard, an ugly coat, an ugly tie and a smile to go with it.
4.Atul Wassan has too much grease on his head. He does not use hair gel. He uses Parachute coconut oil. Two bottles every morning. A piece of advice Atul, ?To look cool on the show all you have to do is turn up. The others are so bad, you will be the hero. So lay low on the oil.? I do not know what Atul talks about on the show because I don?t know Hindi but I think that he sucks too.
5.The Fair and Lovely sponshorship. I think that their ads are degrading and that they should cover themselves with a blanket and sit on a hot stove listening to Kris ?chika? Srikkhant?s commentary.
6.One word to describe the set-horrible.
7.Srikkhant sang on the show. I would rather see Randy Jackson playing with a hula hoop.

I've never seen the show before but I love your description of it. Although it sounds bad from that I think it would be good if it was a comedy show about Cricket presenters.

Agreeing with "iceman_waugh". The solution should be-
ESPN gets the telecast and production rights. DD will obviously show the matches thanks to Govt. Legislation. And all the people abroad and people with ESPN in India will be able to enjoy better commentary and presentation overall. And everyone is happy.

bharat said:
iceman_waugh u live in Maharashtra..
Down here in Chennai we don't get ESPNStar,Ten Sports etc without the Set Top Box which would cost thousands. + a monthly bill of Rs.350
Currently were are paying Rs.80 ...See the difference in cost.
So if they show all the matches in DD Sports itself it would save us money.

I don't find the coverage to be soo bad.
The fourth Umpire sucks..but the match coverage is not so bad & u know DD National has lesser ads than DD Sports.
I keep changing between both these channels.It's in DD Sports u miss a ball.

Thats very stupid of cable company. Its not so expensive in North India. Anyways how is that new DTH system coming about. Any progress, as I am away from India at the moment. I saw online that DD and Zee is already offering a package but doesn't seem to have ESPN in it.

Well ESPN-STAR have patched up with ZEE for the DTH service.
So with the ZEE Dish you can get ESPN STAR and TEN too, but you wont get other STAR and SONY channels

iceman_waugh said:
Well ESPN-STAR have patched up with ZEE for the DTH service.
So with the ZEE Dish you can get ESPN STAR and TEN too, but you wont get other STAR and SONY channels
This sucks big time. Here in NZ and AU you get all the major channels on one provider although at an expensive price. But at least there is one provider for all.
Also I think the new CAS system on cable TV is pretty good. It ensures better quality and well if you want better quality and extra features the price of cable will have to jump upto Rs. 350-500 per month. Now even that is dirt cheap comparing it with other countries. And this comparison is based on average man's earnings. Even here in NZ SKy TV is way too expensive for well-earning people. So I would pay Rs. 350 in India any day if the service is good and has all the major channels because its cheap!!! LOL

in Bangalore, India the cable guy charges Rs 350( around US $5). We get around 80 channels which include Star Sports, ESPN, Ten Sports and the so called sports channel DD sports. we also get around 6 english movie channels, 40 regoinal channels, 7 music channels..so it IS cheap!!! how much does Cable tv cost in other countries like UK?

Users who are viewing this thread