Story School Cricket Bites!

Alex..

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll be updating everyday. This story has got over 25 pages on Word, so it's big. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writting it..

------

“Alex wake up, Alex, it’s 7am. School...” said my mother.

“Leave me alone, I want to sleep” I replied

“Not my fault that you got drunk last night and came home at 4” she said.

“Mum, please. Five minutes” I said

“No, not another second, you got a school football game today” she said

“I don’t care...” I replied, sleepily.

“The scouts...” she said in a serious voice

“Who gives a flaming ****?” I said, rubbing my eyes.

“I do, I don’t want you to come home at this time every single morning” she said “Now, get up, brush your teeth, get ready, you’ll miss the bus”

I got up out of the bed, rubbing my eyes, trying to get rid of the sleep....I yawned, walked to the wardrobe, pulled out my uniform, pulled it on… brushed my teeth and ran out the door before the voice stopped me.

“Alex, your cricket gear....” said my Dad.

“Oh right” I said as I was walking to the cabinet to get the gear. “Thanks Dad”

I ran to the bus station, and jumped on the bus “Whew, nearly missed it”

“Hey Alex” said Ben

“Hi Alex” said Jake

Ben and Jake were my best friends, and also the back on the school cricket team. They play for my local team as well...

“Hey guys, how are ya” I said while waiting for my ticket.

“You boys got a game today?” said the bus driver.

“Yeah” I replied.

“Oh wait, you have scouts watching you today” he looked at me.

I replied with “Yeah mate”

I walked at back of the bus, sat down. The ride to school was full of talk, about todays game.

As I got of the bus, Tim and Rod came running towards me, “We heard about the scouts, good luck mate”

“Thanks...come watch us play” I said.

As I walked to the Year 10 lockers, someone put a hand on my shoulder, I swirled my head around as my face met his big pointy nose and cold eyes.

“Hey coach” I said.

“Now, I don’t care if the scouts are watching you, neither should you. Don’t let them ruin your concentration on today’s game, alright pal?” he said.

I looked down. “Yes coach” I muttered.

After the first bell went, we headed to the oval, for 30 mins training before we head to the Doherty Reserve, the home of the Keon Park All-Stars.

The training was small, but still brutal. He made us do 10 laps, boxing, push ups and relay.

“Hey coach, how do you think we are gonna play sore like this” I said while drinking the Powerade at once.

“This won’t make you sore, this will make you stronger, now pack this up and get on the bus” said Coach.

The teammates and I groaned.

We packed up the gear, and boarded on the bus. The bus took longer than the usual, we had time for a pre-match talk. When we arrived there, the coach spoke...

“Alright boys, we’ve come this far, the finals, now, we win or we lose, I’ll be proud of you, we have never won this title...ever, always finishing last, now, end the drought and win this”

We all jeered and cheered.

We got off the bus, walked to the pavilion. I am not complaining, but it was a mess. Everything was messed up.

“What happened here? Someone decided to have a wild party in the pavilion? said Connor, our wicketkeeper.

good start can't wait to read the rest of it

Shouldn't this be in cricket stories forum.

Only thing that made me to wait from moving this to Cricket forums is,

“No, not another second, you got a school football game today” she said

I was even more confused when I read,

“Alex, your cricket gear....” said my Dad.

I think both Alex's father and mother were confused on which game that Alex is playing. :D

After reading the thread title and last line,
“What happened here? Someone decided to have a wild party in the pavilion? said Connor, our wicketkeeper.

Thread moved to Cricket Stories forums.

And ya, Good luck with this career story :thumbs. Career stories are always interesting. :)

Thing is, I wanted to play football in the story, but got more ideas if I played cricket, so I didn't know where I made mistakes.

“Probably, this town is weird, I tell ye” replied Dylan. Dylan was a smartass of the team, great bowler as well. Got 20 wickets this season so far, needs 4 more to beat Anthony Derick’s record. Speaking of Anthony Derick, this guy was a brute, bully. Fields at the slips and is known for mentally abusing players, heard he made a couple cry. Unlikely for us, we were playing against him today.

“Hey” I said looking puzzled “Where’s Mean Steve?” Mean Steve was our captain, and probably the biggest one in the team, should be year 12, but failed, a nice guy overall.

“Oh bloody oath mate, where is that kid, always late” said Coach.

“I’ll call him” come out a voice from the back. It was Dannie, I didn’t mention that we had a girl on the team? Did I. Well, she’s our best batter, yes. Anyways, She is probably the most underappreciated player on the team. Gets abused on the field, but always gets the others back. Leading run scorer for our team, makes the England team look shite. She was also my ex. Fancies Mean Steve, gets on my nerves really.

“He isn’t picking up, his phone is off

The coach was furious...his face gone all red. Hiding his anger, he said “We’ll just wait for him, if he doesn’t come, Rod, will take his spot”

I smiled. As I mention before, Rod is my best friend. Off-Break spinner, who hasn’t had much chance of playing in the team, due to everyone being good.

“Coach, Rod is in the crowd, can I call him over here?” I asked.

“Yeah, where on earth is Ben?” asked Coach

I stuttered, confused what does he need Ben for.

“Next to Rod...in the crowds” I replied

“Call him too” Coach said.

I was confused, Ben isn’t that good, but a great tail ender, he got sacked from the team, due to showing up late four times in a row, what does the coach need him for?
I walked outside, whistled and called Rod and Ben to the pavilion.

“What is it” they said.

“Well, Mean Steve isn’t here, so it’s likely you’ll take his spot” I said to Rod then turned my head to Ben and said “As for you, don’t know why the coach needs you”.

I walked them to the pavilion, opened the door and let them in.

“Coach” said Rod confusingly “You asked for us?”

“Ahh, there goes my blonde mop” said Coach.

Blonde mop referring to Rod, which means that his hair is flat. Rod’s hair is really flat, but can be messed up at the same time. He didn’t care about it.

Rod put on a wry smile.

Nice read. Sensational. I wonder why he wanted Ben as well... Is Ben gonna take your spot because of the late night you had? :p Great story.

Interesting how your best batsman is actually a batswoman

Ahh, I've been reading this on another forum and believe me guys you would like it.
Good to see you posting this here Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread