Story School Cricket Bites!

Its been a fantastic read. Curious to know the full story line so soon though :p Nice start to it though.

And ya, interesting news about your leading run scorer of your team too. ;) Never expected it.

Its different and its interested and I've really enjoyed reading it, I can't wait for the rest.

Good to see you're well prepared with the word document, thats always a wise move.

when i saw you where writing a story. i almost exited the page. but as soon as i started reading. i was engrossed into the story. you have good writing skills.

Thanks guys. Here's another update. Sorry it took me ages.

I've just been writting stories in my English class, been outstanding really.

-------------

“Well, you’ll be opening today, Steve isn’t here” said coach.

“Now Ben, I got a proposal for you, gear packer or waterboy” said Coach.

Ben’s face went red, all of them, except for me and Rod laughed.

“Coach, put him tailender, Simon isn’t here” I said.

“What? I am here” yelled out Simon cheerfully as he walked through the door, literraly.

Simon was probably the dumbest and funniest guy in this team. His stupid antics never end.

I groaned when I heard his voice. I patted Ben on the back and said “Sorry mate, good luck next time”

“Next time?” said Ben “This is my last year in the school”

“Maybe in your other school, you’ll get playing time” I replied.

“Trust me, I won’t, I am a dud and a half” he said blankly.

“Don’t say that” I said, with my teeth gritted.

Mean Steve still hasn’t showed up, looks like Peter will be taking the captain’s spot; he is the VC after all.

“Alright girls” said Coach “Steve isn’t here, and it looks like he won’t be coming today, so today’s captain is going to be...” Peter walked next to the Coach, with a smile on his face. Coach looked at him and said “What the hell are you standing next to me for?”, “Well, I want to address my team”, said Peter. “Get back to your spot, as I was saying, the captain for today’s game is going to be...” “PETER!!” yelled out Peter. “Would you shut it” said Dannie in a annoyed voice. Coach was looking pissed off “Interrupt me one more time, I’ll kick your ass all the way to China, so the Captain is going to be.... Alex”

When he said my name, I was stoked. I couldn’t believe it. I walked to the coach, and thanked him. The team clapped and cheered.

“Alex, we need to submit the team, come here with me to discuss it” said Coach.

I walked to the desk, followed by Peter. “What are you doing here, redhead” said Coach. I am the vice captain, I have rights to name the team as well” said Peter. Coached looked at him and yelled out “Another announcement, Dannie will be replacing Peter as the Vice Captain”. There were wolf whistles among the team. Peter was furious, he walked back to the team huddle, without any words. As for Dannie, she joined Coach and me, to discuss the team.

After 10 minutes discussing the team, we made our decision. The team looked like this.

Dannie
Rod
Alex (me) (First Bowler, yeah. I am an all-rounder)
Connor (+)
Peter
Dean
Simon
Dylan (Second bowler)
Toners (No one knows his real name, just Toners as we all know him as) (Fifth Bowler)
Michael (Third bowler) (Spinner)m
Andy (Fourth Bowler)

alot of redheads always get into trouble for being so annoying kutgw

Really nice writing. Go Michael, looks like the spinning thing runs in the name. Let's hope for your team he bowls a lot better than me.

Users who are viewing this thread