• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
They just can't play two oversea bowlers in a same match due to the lack of good local botsmen.

What about this lineup?

David Warner
Shikhar Dhawan
Kevin Pieterson
KL Rahul
Naman Ojha
Hanuma Vihari
Laxmi Ratan Shukla/Parvez Rassool
Karn Sharma
Bhuvansehwar Kumar
Dale Steyn
Trent Boult

However based on Indian conditions,its better to drop Boult and bring in Eoin Morgan but this lineup is good enough to win matches.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good move by CSK to snap up Irfan Pathan. What this does is beef up our lower order hitting even more. With Pathan in, we now have a good battery of Indian seamers - Mohit Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Ishwar Pandey and Ashish Nehra. Didn't understand the necessity for picking Rahul Sharma (the Indian leggie) but I guess it is just for backup purposes. I don't see many opportunities for him since our spin battery is too strong (Ashwin, Jadeja and Badree along with the last season find Pawan Negi).

M Hussey
B Mc Cullum
S Raina
D Smith
M Dhoni
D Bravo
R Jadeja
I Pathan
R Ashwin
M Sharma
I Pandey/A Nehra

That's a pretty fearsome batting order till Pathan. If Baz or Smith can't play, Faf will play. Personally I would move Smith down because last season he struggled whenever the ball was swinging/seaming. At No.4, he can murder the spinners.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Good move by CSK to snap up Irfan Pathan. What this does is beef up our lower order hitting even more. With Pathan in, we now have a good battery of Indian seamers - Mohit Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Ishwar Pandey and Ashish Nehra. Didn't understand the necessity for picking Rahul Sharma (the Indian leggie) but I guess it is just for backup purposes. I don't see many opportunities for him since our spin battery is too strong (Ashwin, Jadeja and Badree along with the last season find Pawan Negi).

M Hussey
B Mc Cullum
S Raina
D Smith
M Dhoni
D Bravo
R Jadeja
I Pathan
R Ashwin
M Sharma
I Pandey/A Nehra

That's a pretty fearsome batting order till Pathan. If Baz or Smith can't play, Faf will play. Personally I would move Smith down because last season he struggled whenever the ball was swinging/seaming. At No.4, he can murder the spinners.
They dont need to pick three oversea batsman. They needed a good T20 bowler and Picking Tye was a very good move by Flemming & Co. The guy bowled brilliantly in the death for the Perth Scorchers last BBL!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
My RCB XI

Chris Gayle
Mandeep Singh / Subramaniam Badrinath
Virat kohli :c:
Ab De Villiers
Dinesh karthik :wk:
Darren Sammy :bwl:
Iqbal Abdulla :bwl:
Mitchel Starc :bwl:
Varun Aaron :bwl:
Yuzvendra Singh :bwl:
Abu Nechim :bwl:

Our top 6 batsmen can destroy any side & we have a pretty good bowling attack too.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
They dont need to pick three oversea batsman. They needed a good T20 bowler and Picking Tye was a very good move by Flemming & Co. The guy bowled brilliantly in the death for the Perth Scorchers last BBL!

We can only play 4 overseas players. Personally with the kind of overseas batsmen we have, I would use my overseas players among the batsmen. We already have Bravo who should be enough for the allrounder spot. Maybe we can swap between Bravo and Tye if need be.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
My RCB XI

Chris Gayle

Mandeep Singh / Subramaniam Badrinath
Virat kohli :c:
Ab De Villiers
Dinesh karthik :wk:
Darren Sammy :bwl:
Iqbal Abdulla :bwl:
Mitchel Starc :bwl:
Varun Aaron :bwl:
Yuzvendra Singh :bwl:
Abu Nechim :bwl:

Our top 6 batsmen can destroy any side & we have a pretty good bowling attack too.

I still feel RCB lack a good Indian pace bowling allrounder who could give 2 overs at an ER of 8 or less. Which could have bought the balance for the team i still feel they lack in bowling department now the must bank on Aaron and Abu Nichim to bowl good 4 overs each along with Ashok Dinda. I dont see both Yuzi and Iqbal abdhulla play in the same lineup at Chinnaswamy stadium. Overall a good pick of team if they had a good #6 hard hitting Indian batsmen they surely would have played Abbot and starc. Overall a good squad but still they will find it hard to get the lower order balance right.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
What about this Delhi Side :
1. Kedhar Jadhav
2. de Kock (WK) *
3. Manoj Tiwary
4. Yuvi
5. Shreyas Iyer
6. Duminy *
7. Angelo (C) *
8. Coulter-Nile *
9. Mishra
10. Zak
11. Shami

Epic

Panel of Selectors

M Hussey
B Mc Cullum
S Raina
D Smith
M Dhoni
D Bravo
R Jadeja
I Pathan
R Ashwin
M Sharma
I Pandey/A Nehra

Faf instead of Huss, remember he doesn't play cricket full time anymore, and Negi/Rahul for Pandey/Nehra, that gives us 3 spin options and 3 seam options in 1 XI, the shame with Tye is we really have no other Indian batsman of any real caliber to be in any position to leave out one of the overseas batsman.

Last edited:

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
I still feel RCB lack a good Indian pace bowling allrounder who could give 2 overs at an ER of 8 or less. Which could have bought the balance for the team i still feel they lack in bowling department now the must bank on Aaron and Abu Nichim to bowl good 4 overs each along with Ashok Dinda. I dont see both Yuzi and Iqbal abdhulla play in the same lineup at Chinnaswamy stadium. Overall a good pick of team if they had a good #6 hard hitting Indian batsmen they surely would have played Abbot and starc. Overall a good squad but still they will find it hard to get the lower order balance right.

We already have 4 pace bowlers in our team hence when playing at our home Yuzvendra & Iqbal Abdulla can also play thus it give us 6 bowling option even though the match is at Chinnaswamy stadium,plus Iqbal Abdulla is one of the most under rated guy in indian cricket just take a look at his stats Iqbal Abdulla | India Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo & he can bat too.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors

lion100lion

International Coach
yuvrajsingh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread