"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

Vote Count

Puddleduck - 2 (Manly, Themer)
Zhuorb - 1 (BKB1991)
Themer - 1 (Puddleduck)

This is the unofficial vote count, so we are still far away from the hammer.

I've told you all at least a few times, that I specifically picked people that I felt wouldn't get night actioned or might be mafia/cult/etc so that I would constantly remain safe and could use whatever people posted later to get far more information that people might expect.

Sorry mate. I didn't read that. My apologies. Still not very convinced, but atleast that point is clear.

*Zhuorb lynched Manly, so that makes one vote on Manly. Forgot to add that.

These are the two mentions of a prankster.

Number 1? andrinissac/whoever replaced him..(btw who?) How is that person a number 1 for PD? Care to explain PD?

Why would you chuckle to yourself? I can't really get any BD sort of a role out of this.

I feel PD needs to answer some of these questions.

Massive FOS: PD

Number 1 is myself. I am looking after myself. I'm really not sure what's so hard to grasp for some of you. Anyway, I'm on the 3rd page of the thread now and I'm taking down notes as I go. Will just post everything when I'm done.

----------

Cheers Varun by the way. I suspect Manly is Themer's mafia buddy then.

Just noticed this.

Varun ? Watcher

Night 0 ? Watched Sedition ? saw no one around him

Night 1 ? Watched PD ? blocked

Zhourb ? JK

Night 0 ? Manly
Night 1 ? Varun

Sedition ? Cop

Night 0 ? Not revealed
Night 1 ? User2010

Ok so these are the claimed night actions. Of the three, Varun seems the most believable. Claiming a known role would have been a very risky move for the mafia. Zhourb...not sure seems likely. Sedition has been very active and helpful and his play seems to suggest town. But then it would be a dream come true if all 3 were who they say they are. If we plan this right, we could more or less win the game in a couple of days.

About PD, I 'm not sure. It says pranking and personally I wouldn't like if a town guy was playing around with us. Maybe 3rd party? However I do remember that the PC Mafia game also user messing around and fooling when talking abt the BD and despite my many misgivings , he (I think it was Psquared) turned out to be town.

----------

This to me is a very telling point. I have played 2 games with Manly and in both he has claimed very very soon. Why would he break the trend when that has worked for him in the past?

----------

Such kind of posts frickin' annoy me. Mysterious and not at all useful. Classic Mafia. I remember in one of the prev mafia games a guy was found out to be lost mafia 'cause he dropped an obvious hint. Then he came up with posts such as.."dont lynch me. I wrote that but I can't tell you why because other I would be mod-killed." Obviously he turned out to be mafia.

The only way I can see the game ending with the lynch of a single person is if he is fool/jester. I very much doubt that such a role would be put in a forum game as that could potentially end the game on Day 1 itself. The fool simply has to stop posting and would be lynched for inactivity.

Unless Manly explains the previous post,
Lynch : Manly

Because I didn't want a situation of being forced into a claim that puts the mafia in the driving seat. I get lynched (as a beloved princess) and it's two consecutive nights = advantage mafia.

Hmm..I do buy it for the moment. Beloved princess is a possibility when I look at the kind of role I have and if we go by the hypothesis of 'everyone has a role', such roles which don't massively disturb the balance are a possibility.
A quick turnaround :p,
Unlynch : Manly

----------

Are there any parts which both PD and Zhourb claim refer to them? Interesting..I'll read over once again. *sigh*

Sim lynches Manly in a slightly aggressive post. Manly claims Beloved Princess and Sim unlynches. All this happens in a span of ten minutes and Manly only had two votes so Sim could also have waited a bit? Also, spot the similarities in their claims? We need to cautious (apparently) in lynching both - Manly has claimed Beloved Princess and Sim Hated Townie.

I know it paves way for the reverse-psychological reply 'if we were both anti-town (not saying mafia) why would we do so to attract attention' but still FOS: Manly, Sim.

I want a complete description of your role Manly. Is the day phase skipped when you're night killed as well?

Also, I missed on my opinion of Themer. I feel he may be confused right now, but he's a null read. I don't think his play is classic mafia play, and especially not with no one dead in the game, where it'd be too much of a risk to take.

Waiting for PD's analysis, since it might highlight key points and it'd be helpful for me who hasn't got the time to scour through the thread.

What Mafia would be stupid enough to try to force a lynch and then both jump on him before anyone else?

I've not really had chance to follow the last few pages, I'll give a proper look when I get back to my PC in a bit.

Sim lynches Manly in a slightly aggressive post. Manly claims Beloved Princess and Sim unlynches. All this happens in a span of ten minutes and Manly only had two votes so Sim could also have waited a bit? Also, spot the similarities in their claims? We need to cautious (apparently) in lynching both - Manly has claimed Beloved Princess and Sim Hated Townie.

I know it paves way for the reverse-psychological reply 'if we were both anti-town (not saying mafia) why would we do so to attract attention' but still FOS: Manly, Sim.

Yeah I accept that my lynching/unlynching was very quick. Most of it was at annoyance at Manly's lynch-me-and-its-game-over post. When he answered that, I didn't see any reason for keeping the lynch on him, for it did explain his previous post somewhat.

----------

And unfortunately, unlike Beloved Princess whose lynch can have unexpected consequences, my role doesn't really offer much to town, and is not a risky choice to lynch. :(

This is just what I typed as it came into my head as read through the thread. It's a bit of a mess.

"They met and made their plans. Not much to do tonight really. The storm would come." - This certainly makes me think there is a mafia and I'm probably being overly complicated with my cult thinking. However, the fact it's them meeting and making plans, implies that perhaps it was the first successful recruitment of the cult leader. The not much to do means they've yet to recruit any power roles? Long-shot, this is actually just two masons?

"They laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths" ? this is surely mafia though?

"He had many a jape planned but on this occasion he thought it best to look after number 1. He laid his plan accordingly." I presume this is my role begin referred to. Seems somewhat dramatic to be fair, but as I've said my Pm does imply my role is supposed to be a fun role. Reading about it, I learnt it could be counter productive early on, hence I decided to stick to using me and one other person.

The last two clues of night 0. Must be important, don't really know what they mean.

BKB ? "Clueless, but I think this might be a bus driver or something that is there to confuse us" ? No idea how he guessed my role so early.

"they laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths" ? maybe someone has to get someone lynched off on a specific day to win. Dunno. Just popped into my head, probably not.

Yudi agreeing with User that it could be a usurper. The way he wrote, "just like varun, even I feel that it could be a usurper." Slip of the tongue? Poor English? "even I" as if even the mafia member feels it could be. Not sure. Freudian slip or just badly written. Maybe nothing.

"They waited for morning not knowing if this night would be their last" ? probably confirms there is a mafia/killing presence in the game. Not much in the way of cult writeup from the day 1 writeup.

"He went through the motions and checkd the man out anyway" ? mafia cop role potential. He would know anyone was innocent.

Sedition - Cop
Varun ? Watcher -
Zhuorb - Jailkeeper, Innocent Night 0
User2010 - Innocent Night 1
Puddleduck - Bus driver. First night targetted myself and Andri (Sim), and 2nd night Me and Mark (Themer). Successful results on both nights.
Yudi
Simsanta ? hated townie?
Themer
BKB1991
Manly ? Beloved princess?

If all claims are correct. We have three players left. Yudi, Themer and BKB.

I can't help but be suspicious of Manly dropping a pressure lynch down before going out for 15 hours, then Themer subsequently attempting to also lynch me off a while after that whilst the pressure lynch is still down. One of them has claimed an unlynchable role, the other is now backtracking a bit.

I'm all for lynching Themer off, that's basically what I'm getting.

I'd like to hear what Bkb and Yudi have to say for themselves as well. Would not be surprised to hear they are masons or something.

Woah! Nice long post there. Will probably give it a good read tomorrow after some sleep.

On the mason thing, they are town, right? If you think BKB and Yudi are masons, then who do you suspect of being mafia, apart from Themer?

Yeah they would be town. I think Manly could be the other mafia. Risky to target him with a lynch though with his claim. Hopefully he can get investigated at night by one of the investigative roles.

I'm still not sure on Puddle but I do remember Manly trying the beloved princess defence at least twice before only to be found otherwise.

I also think that the role is way overpowered for a 9 man game but then my own role may counteract it to some extent.

The reason I thought there was a bus driver wasn't because of reading the number 1 thing or something. There was no death on night 1 hence I looked at the logistics behind it. It was more of a question than a statement.

I am still in two minds whether there is a busdriver or not. Leaning towards it being there, but not entirely sure if the BD is a town role considering we know that there is a third party involved and he's confusing the town.

Vote Count

Puddleduck - 2 (Manly, Themer)
Zhuorb - 1 (BKB1991)
Themer - 1 (Puddleduck)
Manly - 1 (Zhuorb)

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Users who are viewing this thread