"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

Yeah true about User, I keep overlooking him because of my Night 1 result. I'm trusting my result a little more with him since it seems Manly was the GF. Not ruling out the possibility that I'm naive, but unless there's a second town cop (who I think would have claimed already), I feel I'm probably sane.

Also if PD is a mafia Bus Driver, I don't think he'd be able to switch himself with anyone else.. along with the GF, that would make the cop pretty useless, probably even a hindrance.

Is it probable, that with Colin seemingly giving everyone one role or the other, to prevent the game from being skewed towards the town he has deliberately added a naive cop simply to reduce the towns power a bit and restore the balance? Even if the the mafia has one PR, for the town to have more than 2 would make then massively strong.

----------

them*

I don't think it's too overpowered with our 3 main PR's. Watcher only learns something useful if he picks the same target as the mafia. Jailkeeper creates confusion as to whether his target was saved or blocked. Having a naive cop without another regular cop, just makes it even harder again.

With seemingly everyone having a role of some kind, it makes sense that the mafia have a Rolecop, GF pretty much confirmed, and possibly a Ninja type role that can kill without the Watcher seeing.

----------

I forgot usurper too.. that seems to fit better than the Ninja :p I dunno, I just don't get the feeling that I'm naive anymore.

Right now, my opinions on everyone.
Sedition - Very sure he is town. Perhaps the only player I trust completely at this point. Mainly due to the fact that he went after Manly, but also he has been very clear about his views and has guided the town well. The cop thing could be reconsidered, but very town seeming person.
Varun - I am leaning town on him too, despite his very long post in which FOSed half of the people in the game in the game. :p When I think of it, comparing Watcher and JK, which role would be more useful to the mafia? JK would help them in blocking but then they don't need protection so that would be posted. One doubt regarding JK : Zhourb - MafiaScum mentions that in some variations the JK even prevents the Jailed person to be targetted by anyone. The usual one is to protect him from kills, but a modified version even protects him from investigation and all. What do you do Zhourb? If it is the latter, and I doubt you would reveal that, then JK would be very very useful to the mafia too.
Zhourb - Absolutely useless his day activity. He said something about deliberately playing it low key, and while I agree not revealing your night targets sometimes is acceptable, you have to post your views on your fellow players.
PD - I have been very suspicious of him throughout the game with reasons I can't really repeat again in a short para. His last couple of posts have however made me realise I might have been too obsessed with him. Something which is not good at all. (Infact, even PD's obsession with Themer is surprising because tbh apart from that one post on which PD has based his case, Themer over all has seemed okayish.
Themer - Leaning town on him too. Nothing incriminating I can see. Though posts like Lynch PD just for the fun of it are not looked up at at
User2010 - As Sedition mentioned, I had penned him down as a town because he had been cleared by Sed. So I must confess all his posts I had read with rose tinted glasses. Maybe now is the time to re read with a more neutral perspective.
BKB - I must confess before Sedition had pointed out, I had not been suspicious of BKB at all, but now reading the to and fro between them, I can't help feeling BKB might be hiding something. Waiting for his role claim to shed some light.

----------

would be wasted * (instead of posted :p )

----------

And one more thing, regarding Yudi : I think he might be town. If he was mafia, Colin might not have considered Mod-killing him because with one mafia already down, that would have meant the game would have been more or less over.
Ofcourse, with his zero contribution, he is not even a voting power for us, so his mod-kill might not be that bad a thing. It will best if he is replaced, though.

----------

With seemingly everyone having a role of some kind, it makes sense that the mafia have a Rolecop, GF pretty much confirmed, and possibly a Ninja type role that can kill without the Watcher seeing.

If there is a Ninja role, wouldn't that render watched basically useless? (Unless he watches the role cop's target)

----------

watcher* (screw these mistakes :facepalm )

Yeah, I agree that Zhuorb hasn't been useful during the day periods. If I hadn't investigated him Night 0, he definitely would have made my FOS list with Manly and Yudi on Day 1. The only excuse I can give him for the insta lynch on you (Sim) and saying "let's win this" is that he's thinking ahead to future games, ie. it's a meta game thing.

Regarding his role stopping all actions from being performed on his target, in one of the previous games where I was JK and town, that is how it was set up also. For that reason, I knew last night that I had to make sure we didn't target the same person, giving me no result. Since he had said that BKB was looking a bit scummy on Day 1 (for reasons he's yet to elaborate on), I felt that he would be Zhuorb's target last night.

Oh yeah. I had forgotten that you'd investigated Zhourb. If he is innocent, then Varun would be suspicious I guess. If Zhourb s individual aligned, would he come up as innocent?

I'm not too suspicious of Varun. The Night 0 write-up saying town PR's had targeted each other and his claim that wasn't countered is enough for me, plus his posts seem very townlike.

If there were stronger hints of a Cult other than that one line in the early write-up, I'd be a bit more suspicious that one of them had been recruited, but I'm not seeing any other hint. 3 mafia + 3rd party and 6 town is looking the most plausible to me.

----------

and depending on the 3rd party role, they could come up innocent or guilty. A SK for example, would likely come up guilty, whereas a fairly harmless role like Jester would come up innocent. An individual aligned Jailkeeper would probably be innocent, though it could definitely be used to help the mafia.

Colin would have decided in advance whether it would be an innocent/guilty type role though, but that doesn't mean the person who ends up with it would play in the manner decided. I'm not that suspicious of Zhuorb at all though and I think he has his reasons for acting the way he has and I know what it's like to JK someone and be adamant that they're mafia when they're not :p

----------

Lynch: BKB until he claims.

Trying to piece together the write-ups without knowing his role is becoming difficult, and he's not helping when he does post. Just about every game he makes us wait on him, but it's usually worth the wait as he provides something substantial. Not this time however..

I really am so bored of this game.

I imply there is a cult, get ignored. Then when I don't mention that there could be a cult, that makes me suspicious.

Everyone keeps ignoring my reasons for finding Themer suspicious. Varun hasn't been half as helpful as people think he has either. His claim was too early and his results have been useless. I'm not saying he's not mafia, but a lot of the other town players have become so confused by trying to work out if my role is in the game or not.

Either lynch me off and realise you were all wrong, move on and get on with trying to find the other mafia or start actually reading my posts and considering I might actually just be a the town bus driver who has no read on anyone in the game and can only assume that people trying to lynch me off must be mafia due to the fact they would know I was not mafia aligned.

I'm not sold on Varun, Themer, Bkb or Yudi in any way and my reasons for the first two have been stated and ignored on more than enough occasions.

I didn't find Varun's claim too early really. It would've been good if all the PRs weren't exposed, but it was actually Varun and Zhuorb's claims that led me back to Manly and his scummy posts, which bore a striking resemblance to Yudi's.

Considering Manly was scum, his posts can't be taken too seriously. Saying Varun was cleared for the rest of the game, and that he wanted Sim's alignment, were just evidence of his scum and not theirs imo.

Anyone who hasn't claimed yet is worth lynching. Yudi is worth lynching as he's been borderline useless, just as he was in the last game I played when he was my mafia buddy. Sim is worth lynching because Zhuorb jailkept him and we had no night kill (funnily enough we also had no night kill when Zhuorb jailkept Varun :rolleyes )

----------

Anyway, I need to get ready for work now and head off soonish. I hope that anyone with half a brain has realised that there's no way we have 3 town Prs and no mafia equivalents. Especially because I am technically a town PR so that makes 4 from 10.

This is getting annoying. I think I am repeating myself but here it goes.

What exactly is "so much" that I accused you of knowing on Night 0? It's not like I said you know this and that.. I'll highlight the important parts of your post where I think you know more than you're letting on again.. 3rd time now.

You have been claiming throughout that I have been holding back information so I apparently know more than i am saying? My point was that the main quote you are using against me was me refering to Night 0, when even if I was mafia I would have known jackshit, so I dont know how you can conlude I know more than I was saying.

So you said you believe each separated sentence refers to something different, yet you group two lines together twice, so you must be holding back your thoughts on what is actually being referred to.

The following day you posted..

This is absurd. The first two lines were grouped together because I couldnt come up with an explanation for either of them separately. I actually thought they were referring to the same thing and yes that goes against my theory but what explanation can you come up with for the first two lines? Furthermore, every sentence at Night 0 didnt continue on to the next line (i.e. each line had a period at the ending and wasnt continued on the next line) which I thought could also mean that the the second line was actually a continuation of the first and the only reason it was second was because the sentence didnt fit in the first line. I didnt really thing it mattered that much that I would be grilled on this hence I didnt bother explaining that :rolleyes

You suggested Bus Driver before Night 1. You later explained the reason was because you're always looking for a Bus Driver type role, especially with an experienced game mod. So your story changes..

I think this answers:

When I was asked by PD, about when I knew about a BD I was talking about the post above but had forgotten my Night 0 analysis simply because it didnt mean much.
I hope your confusion is sorted.

I think I will explain myself again in a chronological order.

1) I look for various roles in your Night 0
2) Night 0 Analysis
He had many a jape planned but on this occasion he thought it best to look after number 1. He laid his plan accordingly.
Cluless but I think this might be a bus driver or something that is there to confuse us
I just mentioned the possibility of a BD, just put it in there as a theory and never believed it concretely.
3) Night 1 Analysis
He had a target in mind but events didn't go as planned. He kicked his cat when he got home.
Bus driver or something stopped another person?
This is where I mentioned the BD again pointing out that things didnt go as planned, but Colin has given us no reason why I didnt, so for the sake of pointing things I said there is a possibility of a BD in the game. Mentioning these things allow other people to take note and devise their own theories.
4) When PD claimed BD and no one cc'ed I believed the role was possible.

I think this should help. I felt I have repeated this.

As for my role I am the Forensics Expert, and basically I can find clues of the person killed at night. Unfortunately no death means no work for me yet.

----------

As for lynching, I dont have any genuine suspects barring Yudi. He still hasnt been replaced. There you go:

Anyone who hasn't claimed yet is worth lynching. Yudi is worth lynching as he's been borderline useless, just as he was in the last game I played when he was my mafia buddy.

If your claim is correct, than town is ridiculously overpowered and further highlights my point that some of the traditional Prs are lying and have been all game.

(funnily enough we also had no night kill when Zhuorb jailkept Varun )

I know what you've been trying to imply by reiterating this but unfortunately the Night 1 writeup disproves it completely.

Just as he was about to set off he was accostted by someone who looked familiar. "We don't like your type around here", he said as he locked him up for the night.
He had a target in mind but events didn't go as planned. He kicked his cat when he got home.

That being said, I'm not at all outraged that people think I'm not cleared. I understand that there is no way to confirm completely that I'm actually town.

----------

And Yudi is going to get modkilled now, isn't he? So there is no point lynching him. I am almost sure PD is third party, but he doesn't seem too harmful right now, so might as well leave him and who knows we'll know more about him on Night 3? Only Sim and BKB are left to choose from, and I am not sure who to lynch.

Regarding BKB's claim, as a mafia that role is one of the best to claim in this game. On the other hand, it may as well be there so I can't tell.

Users who are viewing this thread