Sep 19 - Afghanistan v India

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I won't drop Gambhir. I know he hasn't been among the runs recently but, he is a class act. I'll persist with him. Actually, I love to see both Gambhir and Sehwag open. Remember, during the last two T20 WCs, we didn't have these two opening. So, I think we can persist with these for sometime for sure.

I was only having a go at Gambhir's form really, never was putting him on the want to be dropped list. Tbh, I love to see them open too, but you got to make the runs from time to time and they really haven't done that of late.

S

Satan666

Good try Afghanistan, bad opening game for India, doubt they can make it to the semis!

badvintage

International Cricketer
Close match, thought Afghanistan could have won and upset the experience India. But great game overall :thumbs

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For me its a great eye opener. I have said it previously and still say it, we dont need Zaheer in this format as his 4 overs are not that crucial plus its SC conditions.

Only one change for next match, bring in a fast bowler for Zaheer.

Afghanistan did prove me what they said yesterday that they will be better then what they were last year. They could have won this match if not the drop catches and some senseless batting

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India should feel lucky.

There is nothing to feel lucky about. Yes, Afghanistan played very well and gave a tough competition to India but Afghanistan would have never been able to chase target even against this weak Indian bowling just because they don't have enough experience at International level. That Magal guy was trying to smash everything out of the ground. Shahzad looked good but didn't stay there for long. Nabi hit those 16 runs of Zaheer's over and that is how he reached very quickly to 31. As I posted before in this thread that this weak Indian bowling will only be tested against this minnows but they will be exposed when we play some big teams because our bowling attack is just one pace attack. Though I really hope they do well against big teams like SA or WI.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Of course, if a couple more catches had been held and India had fewer runs, it would have been a bit more of a worry.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Of course, if a couple more catches had been held and India had fewer runs, it would have been a bit more of a worry.

And that exactly is the place where they require international experience which they lack.

Users who are viewing this thread