Sep 19 - Afghanistan v India

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So if you're playing the Afghans just hit it as high in the air as possible until they eventually look like catching one?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sung the national anthem after so long! :D
Feels great!

I thought it was a bad rendition of our National anthem (by whoever that sang it). Our national anthem should be sung a lot slower. Looked like they were in a great hurry to finish it.:mad

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think they had the yips a bit. Nabi dropped a couple of return catches but he took a good one in the field.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought it was a bad rendition of our National anthem (by whoever that sang it). Our national anthem should be sung a lot slower. Looked like they were in a great hurry to finish it.:mad

Whatever it was, it felt great to hear and sing it after so long. :D

BTW the Afghan bowling was superb. It made the 'strong' Indian batting lineup look weak. If not the dropped catches, I wonder where we would have been.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Seeing the way the innings panned out, I guess the wicket is not that beauty of a batting wicket. But still I feel India should have scored 175. Our openers have been bad. Its time to bring some fresh blood in there. Maybe Unmukt Chand can be tried out in T20's soon at the opening slot.

The bowlers better bowl good today.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Wow! what an effort by Afghans! Apart from 3-4 overs, they bowled exceedingly well. They deserve the credit for making the match from a no-match contest to an exciting one for most part of the Indian innings. Always knew Shahpoor is a good bowler but really impressed by Dawlat Zadran's change of pace. Sadly, they don't have the batting might that can chase 160.

----------

Shahzad is opening! I thought he was down and out. By the way, how many felt the back-up keeper, when bowling, looked as if he was chucking?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, Shahzad is an exciting player!!! Love that helicopter oh his already..

Fenil

MS (Mohammad Shehzad) does a MS (Mahendra Singh). :D

----------

Man, shouldn't have went for that shot, Shahzad. Was never in a good position to play it. Afghanistan down and out now, unless someone plays an unlikely blinder.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Dhoni holding on to Ashwin it seems, saving him for the death maybe.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
MS (Mohammad Shehzad) does a MS (Mahendra Singh). :D

----------

Man, shouldn't have went for that shot, Shahzad. Was never in a good position to play it. Afghanistan down and out now, unless someone plays an unlikely blinder.

Don't be too confident, Afghanistan still have lots of batsmen.

Fenil

Yuvi strikes straightaway. Afghans looking down the barrel.

----------

Don't be too confident, Afghanistan still have lots of batsmen.

No doubt I've staked more than 200k vCash on India, but, I'm taking keen interest in the performance of Afghans, my friend. Would have loved to watch Shahzad play much more than he did. He looks so exciting a batsman.

----------

Ashwin into the attack. Now it will be interesting to see how the Afghans play him.

As I type this, the bowler is hit for four. Well done Karim Sadiq!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shahzad is good but his fitness is way too low. He needs to work on that if he wants to play regular on international level against big teams

MS Dhoni miss stump:eek:
I am watching this for the first time....

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yuvraj has bowled very well here so far.... Edit: Oh my Yuviiiii boy!!!! What a bowling!!!! Memories of WC 2011 ARE BACKKKKKK!!!!!!:cheers:clap:cheers

Fantastic stuff from Yuvraj!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Aoun, it was pretty tough for him to gather the ball. Finally, some pressure on Afghanistan batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread