Cricket Academy: Serious Question

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a huge mistake for the PC version, not so much for the limited use of a console though. It's no criticism of the creators but the DBC 14 mods look much better and get best didn't dump you with a thousand logos either.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a huge mistake for the PC version, not so much for the limited use of a console though. It's no criticism of the creators but the DBC 14 mods look much better and get best didn't dump you with a thousand logos either.
It was so confusing to put those textures and then go in-game to correct the colour selection! This way, used by DBC17, is easier for getting proper kits lazily! I never bothered to use proper kits in DBC 14 due to the complications in applying them!

Bluebagger

International Coach
It was so confusing to put those textures and then go in-game to correct the colour selection! This way, used by DBC17, is easier for getting proper kits lazily! I never bothered to use proper kits in DBC 14 due to the complications in applying them!
Yeah it was real difficult to copy and paste textures in to the appropriate folder :facepalm

B

Bigby Wolf

It will help to prevent piracy ,even if the game gets cracked the pirates won't have the access to online creations thereby making them play with ugly looking kits and players.
so its better we have online creations and very easier to download and apply as compared to mods.

Bluebagger

International Coach
I see that point, it's a good one. But I feel like the game should have the ease of access for modding as it did in DBC 14, I hope it gets opened up or it already is opened up. The mods that you and the rest of the guys did were tremendous and looked so great in game but I don't think a logo editor can replicate that, which again is no criticism of the creators.

More so when creating the read me file and sharing them on the servers (03 and 07 kits if you remember)?
Yep. Some people like yourself and a few others if you downloaded the Academy teams you didn't even need to change anything it was all done. But was it that hard to change colours anyhow? :-/ DBC 14 was one of the easiest games I've ever played to set up mods.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Was this sarcastic or you agree with me...
It's sarcastic. How could you possibly find working mods in DBC 14 difficult? All you have to do is copy the texture in to a folder which has a simple path. It's extremely easy.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
It's sarcastic. How could you possibly find working mods in DBC 14 difficult? All you have to do is copy the texture in to a folder which has a simple path. It's extremely easy.
But, some kits require to change certain colours and ad placements on the uniform after copy and pasting the texture. Personally, that was a pain. I prefer the proper kits coming from the in-game sharing service :)

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Also extremely restrictive for kits. Four colours, limited placements for sponsors, poor warping etc
That's what I meant, this was a big reason why I continued with the academy creations in 14 instead of downloading mods, especially kits!

Bluebagger

International Coach
Also extremely restrictive for kits. Four colours, limited placements for sponsors, poor warping etc
Extremely restrictive? I disagree. There are some truly amazing creations that were done. Sure, some things couldn't be done and some limitations existed but a lot of great work was created which was true to form. Nothing is ever perfect and even for example Skyrim has its limitations with modding

Of course this is all just my opinion it's not a knock on the creators I just don't think the system lends itself to being as good as what can be done with a modded version
But, some kits require to change certain colours and ad placements on the uniform after copy and pasting the texture. Personally, that was a pain. I prefer the proper kits coming from the in-game sharing service :)

What are you arguing here? What ad placements had to be changed, I don't understand this. The colours had to be changed, how was that a hard thing to do? It takes all of a minute to set it up. Your laziness does not mean the system was difficult.

That's what I meant, this was a big reason why I continued with the academy creations in 14 instead of downloading mods, especially kits!
I've come to the conclusion that you're making up the story as you go along without knowing why. There is absolutely no way you can look at mattyg, quincy, faizk or friedlele for example and say that their creations don't match up against stuff made in the academy. I don't mean to sound rude or anything so don't take what I say to heart but I've taken a lot of screenshots of this game and I'm prepared to upload a small sample of them to prove that the modded kits look truly amazing and that nothing created in the academy can even compare.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Extremely restrictive? I disagree. There are some truly amazing creations that were done. Sure, some things couldn't be done and some limitations existed but a lot of great work was created which was true to form. Nothing is ever perfect and even for example Skyrim has its limitations with modding

Of course this is all just my opinion it's not a knock on the creators I just don't think the system lends itself to being as good as what can be done with a modded version

I couldn't agree less. Apart from maybe the placement of names on the bottom of jerseys, the new systems allows for significantly greater flexibility, with no loss in quality.

And they can be used on console, which is a significant advantage for many players.

Bluebagger

International Coach
I couldn't agree less. Apart from maybe the placement of names on the bottom of jerseys, the new systems allows for significantly greater flexibility, with no loss in quality.

And they can be used on console, which is a significant advantage for many players.
That's no worries, we both have a difference of opinion and that's fine. Like I said I do appreciate the efforts of all of the content creators though, nothing I've said has been of ill towards them.

Users who are viewing this thread