Shahid Afridi to retire from Tests

Where are all the Pakistan fans at?
Normally if you say one thing bad about Afridi, they all come out and get pissed off, but now they've all gone into hiding. :spy

Where are all the Pakistan fans at?
Normally if you say one thing bad about Afridi, they all come out and get pissed off, but now they've all gone into hiding. :spy
Here I am but not to defend him.Infact I was never in favour of making him Captain (in any format).For me,Malik is and was the best choice for captain.

It was a joke
cite.png

Youhana? This is not 2005.

Like I care, I'll call him what I like. Do you like Marathon bars? Changing names is by and large pointless, and if you know to whom I refer which you must do given you're quoting a year I assume is when he changed it, then what is the point in you being a pedant? :sarcasm

Like I care, I'll call him what I like. Do you like Marathon bars? Changing names is by and large pointless, and if you know to whom I refer which you must do given you're quoting a year I assume is when he changed it, then what is the point in you being a pedant? :sarcasm

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Here I am but not to defend him.Infact I was never in favour of making him Captain (in any format).For me,Malik is and was the best choice for captain.

I agree Malik was a really good captain. I liked Younus Khan captaincy as well. I know that Malik has not been in the best form recently but we should not forget that he is one of the best players in the side currently. He was banned, although his ban was lifted but still he was away from cricket for approximately 4 months and during this period of time he went through some tough times. I believe that soon he will get back in form and Pakistan cricket fans will start praising him again. I wont be surprised if he will be made captain of Pakistan cricket team again.

I agree Malik was a really good captain. I liked Younus Khan captaincy as well. I know that Malik has not been in the best form recently but we should not forget that he is one of the best players in the side currently. He was banned, although his ban was lifted but still he was away from cricket for approximately 4 months and during this period of time he went through some tough times. I believe that soon he will get back in form and Pakistan cricket fans will start praising him again. I wont be surprised if he will be made captain of Pakistan cricket team again.
Well Malik was way way better than Afridi in making right decision at the right time and he was one of the only few players in the team on whom we could really rely on.Afridi has really disappointed me in the last test.He has lost all that little space which he won in my heart by his performance in Asia Cup.

Last edited:
Malik was never a good captain IMO. Never aggresive and slow to make tough decisions. His own form was the only bright think during that time. He was made a captain at a time when he couldnt gurantee a playing XI place and his recent attitude to dismantle Younis Khan was utterly disgusting and shameful. I'd keep him away from captaincy as long as I could. Had it been any other board Malik would never have played international cricket again after it was confirmed he was involved in factionalism.

Shahid Afridi has disgraced his team, the country, and test cricket with this decision and simply made a mockery of the whole thing.

All we can do is look to the future, and towards another captain - Salman Butt.

He has a cool composure, and is actually educated unlike everyone else. I still would want Afridi to captain (not after all this drama, but had I had to choose between Salman or Shahid at the beginning of the tour) but I think Butt will be alright.

One huge challenge for him will be mainitaining respect from his fellow teammates - he has the performances to back his ascension to the captaincy, but he's still young. However, he was friends with Kamran (the new vice captain), Malik, and Umar Akmal, who seem to be the troublemakers still around, so he may be ok.

However, this means that Malik will definitely play, since I don't think Butt has the balls to not include him, and one of Azhar Ali or Umar Amin will go for another 'senior' in Yasir Hameed (and we still have to stick with the uselessness of Imran Farhat, since if Afridi wouldn't drop him, I doubt Butt will).

TBH I think he's just a sore loser who can't handle losing, he comes back for one test, can't handle getting demolished, so retires again.
The guys a disgrace.

This

Users who are viewing this thread