Story Sharing the memory of my good & bad old leagues...

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I created this new thread to share a story of my old leagues, which i successfully managed and some of i couldn't finished it... but, that not mean you can't share your stories here... if you want, you can post your own experience of managing your good & bad old leagues...

Also feel free to post how you felt when you managing a team in my old leagues and in others, who posted there league story here...

- x -

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
My 1st League...

Before i start my 1st ever league, i tried my self as a team manger for about 3-4 months... At start, it difficult to get a team to manage as a newbie (back than there are good number of regular members takes part in every good leagues) but, i think i get my 1st chance in @The Author league... so with my 1st chance, i too eager to start my own league... like few newbie, i also thought i can manage better league, but i am wrong in many ways... Because my poor english, i can't able to explain how my league going to run and also added some new rules which are too confusing to understand :p...

So i failed to get enough members, finally some how i started the league with few teams, but i can't able move forward with it and failed run further in 1st attempt, one of the reason for that is i try to include vcash for purchase a team in my league and that went really bad (back than even a 1000 vcash is hard to get)... Later i adjust some rules and removed unnecessary steps from the league and reboot it... Thanks to @Simon he helped lot and agreed to join my league named as 'World Master League'... Today i can say that, 1st impression is always support you for long time... Some of the team managers from my 1st league ( @PCA / @Aravind. / @HawkAussie / @Jack Ryder / @Rabbit. ) still like to be in my leagues and i personally think my 1st league is lot to do with it...

Finally i able to run my 1st league with 9 teams... I adopted some strange format in the league... I added 3 teams from 3 different countries and i believe my players draft also a strange and new for cricket league section... Still i love do newbie mistakes, i made and added Player cards instead of normal player name in text, and it reveled players actual ratings like FIFA game UT cards... soon i realized my mistake and removed it...

Quickly we finished the draft and start the league matches... because it is a T20 league, i used Cricket Heroes as simulator... I tried few unique images in match presentation and also i tried my hand in writing previews before round starts... Thankfully team managers and other members liked my way of running the league, which gave me extra confident and helped me to run the league in full speed... i added few more to the league to make it competitive and also i find a way to avoid same lineups... First i plan to run the league in double round robin type of league, but i am too eager to start a pc player type of league too... But as we know, every new manger need to finish his 1st league before starting another one, so i cut down league fixture to half :( and finished the league with good note :cheers so my 1st league season successfully over...

After some time i tried the second season of WML, but i can't able to finish it :(... But i used the league thread for other small league, which is quick and nice to run it... Thanks to every member of my 1st league and thanks for making WML a beautiful memory...

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My story is actually very different from yours. I tried to start my first league but it went all wrong! :( I tried to go big with 8 teams and auction, but @RAGHU advice me to go with 3-5 teams and than I asked admin to close the thread.

I was newbie and I didn't participated in many leagues, I wanted to take part in Cricket Manager which was managed by @PCA almost 1.5 year ago. I didn't got any team but @sathishsky asked me to join his team. He was my 1st friend in PC. He guided me all the way in leagues.

After I closed my 1st league, the very next day I started another thread :p for my new league! This time I got banned from @MattW for tagging members :( and I was really upset! :( After that I didn't tried to run a league until I was sure that I am ready for it. Then I actually started my 1st ever league with 5 teams, and it went really succesful! :yes

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Mine is short

I started a thread i got 1 signup after 1.5 week then i said that i got 1 signup after 1.5 weeks :noway so everybody replied and said that your presentation is not good i got angry and said to close/delete that thread nobody did that i started another thread with the same name in 2 days i got all signups and themusketeer locked my thread. Both threads locked. After that i participated in 9 leagues : Veteran Cricket League , Khaya Majola U-19 , IPL S2 , City Cricket Championship , FC Trophy , FC Series , Champions at Battle , CLT20 , Commonwealth Participating in them was hard but i had co managers in VCL,IPL,CLT20,FC Series so some of them were in slow mo VCL , CAB ,CLT20 ,City cricket championship. Then i asked the staff to unlock the thread.themusketeer did that and after drafts i downloaded 4 simulators none of them worked properly. so i did drafts & trades in the league. However i got to insert teams in PCCS i did that but the PCCS crashed i went to cricket heroes it was complex i could not understand it .I had said in my league to post lineups i lost interest in it and i went to start another league i was just reserving posts as RAGHU commented so i said him to delete his post he did that after 17 minutes till tomorrow i was coming to reserve more and Simon posted and Locked the thread :( i liked the idea of that League he said complete first league.i went to download the update of the cricsim and it worked i was :) happy.I started simming i got presentation bowlers some players not bowling / bowling so i fixed it now i am in the 2nd last round of my league and soon to sim it and finish it.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
My 1st Women's League

I don't know if some one tried a women's league before me (personally i never witnessed any women's league in my time here)... At that time reading news about women's big bash inspired me to do a league here... Before start a league, i need to know about women's cricketers, so i did research and made players list... Once i prepared fully i announced 6 teams World Women's Championship... 1st i afraid, can i pull managers for all teams, but response is good and we start the draft quickly... i always like to run a league in good pace, as i already maintained my players list with ratings, i quickly prepared teams in cricsim and started the league... All managers posted there lineups in good pace and simulated all 5 rounds without break, but i take a few days gap to post finals... I am glad, i finish the league with good note... Sydney Dolphins @Na Maloom Afraad become the champions of my 1st women's league... If possible, i like to see a women's team in PC Champions league...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread