Story Sharjah Cup FINAL - India VS Pakistan

Who do you think will win the Sharjah Cup?

• Total voters
Another big wicket falls for Pakistan and whatever the hope that was remaining in anyone's heart also goes away with the wicket of Shoaib Malik. Malik who was never comfortable on the crease became Bracken's second victim when he was caught by Clarke at mid - wicket. Now Sami joins Akmal and only a magic can save Pakistan from here.

Pakistani score is now 213/7 in 42 overs and the required run rate is now well over 8 per over.

27lc.jpg

Lee again getting into action when he clean bowld Akmal of his usual quick delivery. That was a good fast delivery from lee that came in to the right hander and Akmal completely missed it and lost his stumps. This was Lee's third wicket and Pakistan now on edge of defeat here on 213/8.

Now only two wickets are left and Australia need to get Pakistan all out before 227 to win a bonus point. Lets see if Pak tail can hang on to save the bonus point.

32lk.jpg

A comprehensive win here for Australia! Cant see Pakistan getting close to the total of 277

Pakistan should try to salvage atleast a point from this match. SO they better chase 227 rather than 277.

In a dramatic fashion, the Australia finally won the match with the bonus point. Pakistan lost the last two wickets adding only 9 more runs offering Australia a bonus point. First to go was Sami who became Lee's fourth victim. Sami was caught for a duck by Jacques. Last to go was S Akhtar when he edged to Mcgrath and Hogg held to a good forward diving catch. This ended Pakistani inning on 222 with Australia winning by 55 runs in the end.

The match looked quite balanced till 35th over but some good bowling by Australia in later overs not only won the match but also earned a very important bonus point for Australia.

16wo1.jpg

Here is the Pakistan scorecard. Absolutely poor batting performance except Umar from Pak middle order. Pak's top three batsmen inzy, Yousuf and Younis all getting good start but failed to carry on their team to win. Umar played a great inning and Pakistan was always in the match when Umar was on crease. Pakistan should be very disappointed with this performance.

Australian bowling was good with Lee the pick of bowlers with 4 wicket. Mcgrath was economical as always also took two wicket. The spinners were disappointing although Hogg impressed a bit.

28gl.jpg

35mw.jpg

40on.jpg

Superb bowling by Bing! McGrath was typically consistent. This makes the difference between the teams.

Some great performances in the match namely:

Good Half centuries from Katich and Clarke. Four wickets for Kaneria and three for Sami. Then Good four wickets for lee. But it was Taufeeq Umar's brilliant brave inning of 92 that truly was a classic performance from the young man and he truly deserves the Man of the Match award for this. So some consolation for Pakistan.

MOM --> T. Umar

92 Runs - 105 Balls - 13 Boundaries

taufeeq5sf.jpg

taufeeq11it.jpg

57dk.jpg

Welcome to the presentation ceremony. First let me welcome the Pakistani Captain Inzamam Ul Haq.

0592835sp.jpg

Tough luck today Inzy. A Very disapoointing batting from Pakistan.

Yeah it was certainly not a good performance. We should have batted more sensibly on this good batting pitch particularly after getting good starts. Australian bowlers bowled really well and always kept pressure on us.

Great performance from Umar under pressure.

It was surely a good inning. He showed a lot of heart and whole team needs to follow the example he set today.

Inzy you even lost bonus point in the end after being looking for a close finish earlier on.

That was a very irresponisble batting from our lower middle order and we should have atleast saved the bonus point but agan full marks to Australian bowlers who bowled tight and our batsmen had no answers to their accuracy and thus shattered under pressure.

So after the first round, despite of a win against India, you are at bottom of table.

Its so close still and I dont think it matters if we are at bottom right now. We will surely play in final.

Thank You Inzamam and good luck for next matches.

Last edited:
Now welcome the Australian Captain Ricky Ponting

ponting0kt.jpg

What a great match looked close all the time but an easy win in the end with bonus point.

Yeah it was a great match. Our bowlers once again showed why they are the best in world. Lee and Mcgrath was again exceptional. Credit to batsmen also for posing a good target to defend for bowlers.

How do you rate Clarke's inning?

It was a great batting performance by him to return in form with a bang. I was sure that a big inning is always on his way soon and I think his partnership with Katich was very crucial which took us to a good total.

You are now at top in the table.

Its not a new thing for us to be at top but still it feels good to return to top spot after loosing from India.

Can we expect some changes for next round?

We still have to decide over that.

Thanks very much Ponting and good luck for your future matches.

Thanks everyone for supporting me so far in this series and helped me come this far particularly
cricketman93
sachinisgod
Bala
ramesh
aussies1st
brett lee
zorax
sai
and many more who ever replied in this thread.
I really appreciate all your interest. I hope I continue to make this story more enjoyable for you all to read.

Do post lots of replies to encourage me more.

:happy :) :D :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread