Story Sharjah Cup FINAL - India VS Pakistan

Who do you think will win the Sharjah Cup?

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
What a great match this will be. The big rivalry is back once again.
Indeed! This match could possibly decide which of these two teams make it.

And hey Aussie 1st, seems like you have gone ahead of Pal in the arcade game champions list. No job to do?:p

Welcome to the fourth league match of Sharjah Cup between India and Pakistan. A terrific atmosphere here with great support for both team and everyone will be expecting a great match like the first league match.

Both teams arrived here early in the morning and practised up to get warm up for the crucial match. The coaches and captains are busy in reading the pitch. The weather here is warm and dry, no signs of rain. It will be a hard work in the field and dew can play a major role in the second inning. Now lets go to Sanjay Majeraker for the pitch report.

Hello and welcome everyone to the Fourth League Match of Sharjah Cup. This is a very important match for both teams and the pitch will play a major factor in this match. So, lets analyze it first. The pitch is dusty and is heavily rolled. No sign of grass at all and I would expect the pitch to break a bit after few overs. Overall this is a very good batting pitch and any captain winning toss will go to bat first and take full use of good batting conditions although we should not be surprised if any captain decides to exploit these seaming conditions first. The pitch will definitely give some spin as the match progresses on. Thats all in the pitch report and now back to our commentary box.

Welcome back and lets go to ground where the two captains are waiting for the toss with match Referee MJ Procter (SA).

Inzamam has the coin and Dravid called for heads. And it is Tails. So Pakistan won the toss and surprisingly decided to bowl first.

Inzmamam:

There looks some moisture in the pitch and will help our seamers early on and if we can restrict India under 250 then I think we will have a very good chance of chasing it.

Dravid:

I am not disappointed to loose the toss and I would have loved to bat first here and pose a big total on board for our bowlers to defend. We would be happy with a score of 280.

14pc1.jpg

So the players are making their way out to the ground. Huge cheers from the crowd. Here are the two teams lineups.

Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar will open for India and Akhtar will bowl the first over. The umpires are signalling for the start of match and lets join them for this great exciting match.

11nl.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar provides an early breakthrough to Pakistan as Sehwag is given LBW out for just 4. Sehwag completely misjudged the straight one from Akhtar and was caught straight in front of wickets. No doubt in umpire's mind and he raised his finger. Sehwag once again failed to score and India in trouble with 13/1 in 3 overs. Dhoni joins in Sachin now.

sehwag2qk.jpg

13iy.jpg

I dont know why that ball didnt rise after pitching in middle of pitch. I though it will be short and tried a leg glance but..............

ashu2411 said:
I dont know why that ball didnt rise after pitching in middle of pitch. I though it will be short and tried a leg glance but..............

it happens sometimes with some patches... if you switch between easy, medium and hard, it takes some time to get used to hard. as a result, the restricted shot selection in Easy mode gets onto the other modes too for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread