Story Sharjah Twenty20 cup [Aus, SA, Pak c2005] SPONSORED BY PUKKA PIES

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
This story will be a tri series of Twenty20 games all at Sharjah, including the top 3 ODI teams Australia, South Africa and Pakistan on Cricket 2005.

To make it more even I will:
Play Australia against Pakistan games as Australia.
Play Pakistan against South Africa games as Pakistan.
Play South Africa against Australia games as South Africa.

Using someones patch I forgot who made it on medium :p. I won't have a big 3 page build up, maybe a couple of interview and get it going. If it's succesful i'll do another with 3 different teams.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

logo_new.gif

Series schedule:
South Africa v Pakistan
Pakistan v Australia
South Africa v Australia

Pakistan v Australia
South Africa v Australia
South Africa v Pakistan

South Africa v Australia
South Africa v Pakistan
Pakistan v Australia

First final (TBC)
Second final (TBC)
Third final (If needed, TBC)

Ponting - It's no joke

Aussie skipper Ricky Ponting has insisted that the twenty20 tournament is no joke, and should be treated with similar attitude to other games. "In the end, it's international cricket so nothing can be taken lightly. Although it has a different approach to ODI's we must try and use our skills from all 3 forms of the game to try and win this tournament."

Smith - We can do it

South African captain Graeme Smith has stated that he is confident his side can win the inaugural Sharjah Twenty20 cup. "We have a very good domestic competition so we should have enough experience to go out and win the cup, we have shown we have a good international Twenty20 teams aswell by beating Australia in February."

Inzi - It could be tough

Inzamam Ul-haq has admitted that the Sharjah Twenty20 cup could be a tough experience for his team, as many of their regular internationals have played very little Twenty20 cricket. "We do have a domestic tournament but me and a most other pakistan regulars have had no chance of playing with series against India, Sri Lanka and England coming quickly. We will give it all we've got though, and make sure I don't fall over my stumps and look like a right arse again." Thanks Inzi.

So, I'll start the ball rolling tommorow.

P W L
South Africa 1 1 0 3
Pakistan 2 1 1 3
Australia 1 0 1 0

Last edited:
Other News

The TV rights to show the Sharjah Twenty20 cup were signed by south african company Supersport for a massive $62,324,000 in the early hours of saturday morning.

South Africa will play in their twenty20 kit they used in februrary, Australia their new baggy green kit and Pakistan their 2006 Slazenger kit.

NOW I will get the ball rolling...

Yes! Great to see Supersport has the TV license; Mike Haysman is king.

That Inzi quote is funny too Drew!

Sharjah Twenty20 Cup Match 1:
PAKISTAN COLLAPSE AFTER AFRIDI BLITZ

Pakistan have collapsed to 104 all out in the 1st match of the Sharjah twenty20, after Shahid Afridi got off to a blazing start with 46 off 18 balls. Noone go going after that with a series of comical run-outs.

It was a hot night in sharjah on a dry pitch but little humidity. Pakistan won the toss and batted hoping their spinners would help after putting up a good total.

The teams:

The match got underway with Pollock to Afridi, and Afridi set the crowd alight by hammering the ball on the to square leg roof. Shoaib Malik went two balls later pinned in front to a perfect yorker from Shaun Bollock for a golden. Inzamam went next mistiming a big slog straight to the man at mid-on for just 10, as Afridi kept on hitting.

Left: Inzi mistimes a big one Right: Malik, goneski

Then the madness started. Yousuf was the first to be run out for 10 after flicking the ball to midwicket and taking an ill-judged single, but Pakistan were still going well at 75/3 at 6 overs. Afridi was run out after 6.1 overs, even though his bat was clearly grounded. Steve Bucknor, your an arse. Younis went next ball mistiming a hook which ballooned in the air to square leg.

Left:You aint no flintoff Younis Right: Afridi gone

More wickets then fell. Razzaq was ran out got 1, then Rana-Naved hoicked one to deep square 7 balls later for a duck. Akhtar did exactly the same 4 balls later. Akmal showed some resistence smashing Nel for 3 boundaries in 4 balls, before Nicky Boje dismissed him with a cracking ball then pitched and didn't turn. Stuff Ashley Giles dreams are made of. Then sami was the last go ran-out because he ran as if he was Inzi who just finished off everyone elses lunch, for the 4th run out of the innings.

Left: South Africa celebrate the 8th wicket Right Boje does Akmal for no spin
Below: Scorecards

NEXT: South Africa attempt at Pakistan's low total...

Nice presentation Drew. Your playing as Pakistan in this game aren't you?

:cheers,
Leftie

Read the top for who I am playing as, as i'm playing as all 3 three teams to make it an even tri-series. Just need to play SA innings now.

PAKISTAN CRUSHED BY SOUTH AFRICA AFTER SHOAIB DISASTER

Pakistan 104 all out 9.2 overs Afridi 46 Pollock 4-45
South Africa 107-4 off 7.5 overs Gibbs 44 Yousuf 2-7
MoM: Herschelle Gibbs

South Africa have won the first twenty20 cup match at Sharjah by 6 wickets, pounding home in just 7.5 overs thanks to Gibbs and Kallis.

The writing was on the wall when Shoaib Akhtar's first over went for 24 including 3 4's, 3 no balls which included Smith caughtr at mid-on. Sami was also expensive, meaning Afridi came on after just 2 overs.

Left: Gibbs gets the innings underway Right: Pakistan come out after posting a low total.

The afridi gamble was almost a success with Graeme Smith lobbing the ball to deep mid-off, only for the silly prat to drop it. Smith then swept him over midwicket for 6. You will regret that moment Shoaib Malik. Sami then bowled a good over for 6 and was unlucky to go for a boundary but nobody told Rana-Naved your mean to pick the ball up. Kaneria did get a breakthrough in the 4th over though, Smith mistiming a good ol' slog to Malik who catches it this time. Kallis promptly puts his first ball on the roof.

Left: Kallis says hello Right: FREE PIES!

Inzi though the game was well over so he brought Yousuf on for the 6th over, and he got out Gibbs! a straight ball back of a length on middle stump kept a little low and Gibbs missed the pull and was plumb LBW. Yousuf bowled one wide to AB De Villiers before he bowled a crap long hop that was dispatched, to Shoaib Akhtar at deep point. Razzaq removed Kallis after 7.3 overs, but it was all too late as it ended two balls later

Left: Gibbs teaches kids where to look when playing the pull Right: EVEN MORE FREE PIES!
Below: Scorecards

Inzi - We must try harder
Pakistan captain Inzaman Ul-haq said his team must improve to avoid an embarrasment in the series. "We were totally outpied, I mean we had these measly apple pies while they had meat pies. It was a disgrace".

Smith - We deserved it
Saffer captain Graeme Smith said his team deserved to win the first match of the series, showing of their hard work from ODI's transferring well. "We bowled and fielded really well, Polly taking 4-fer was a superb performance on a good pitch. Our batting was very convincing aswell, only Yousuf troubling us showing that medium-pacers were hard to handle on this pitch, which could influence our team selection for the game against Australia"

Last edited:
Ok sorry about the confusion i can carry on i've fixed the aussie kit and it's now even better :)! Match 2 scores coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread