Shoaib Akhtar - Daily Mail Ball Tampering Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are bringing up what Broad did as if it excuses all future ball tampering. Whether or not you think its legal is a different issue. Its still breaking the rules of the game and that can only be a bad thing.

Just because Broad escaped punishment due to daddy does not mean its suddenly OK for everyone to break the rules.

we do reverse swing its tempring and bring up a picture.
others do it ok u are allowed.

i will never understand this engllish cheat media
you guys cant play aamir aasif u put them out of action now u cant play akhtar bowl tempting later some one will take gul out and now
pakistan will not have decent pace in world cup easy pakistan is out.
i am tired of this bullshit crap.

enough is enough

Last edited:
we do reverse swing its tempring and bring up a picture.
others do it ok u are allowed.

i will never understand this engllish cheat media
you guys cant play aamir aasif u put them out of action now u cant play akhtar bowl tempting later some one will take gul out and now
pakistan will not have decent pace in world cup easy pakistan is out.
i am tired of this bullshit crap.

enough is enough

Have you even looked at the pics? He is clearly trying to scruff up one side of the ball. Regardless of the "everyone picking on Pakistan" rubbish that a few fans (including you) have been rambling on about.

Broad avoided punishment from memory because daddy was a match referee? I think I already expressed my disgust at what Broad did. I think when you do something like this when your side is already surrounded by controversy etc. and have been previously banned for cheating you should get a harsher treatment.

At least when Broad did it he was stopping the ball unlike Akhtar who placed the ball on the ground before standing on it.

Wow, they can never let cricket rest in peace.

i am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to akhtar.
and even if he did tamper with the ball, i dont care.

you batsmen have enough already. high quality gear, huge meaty bats, fielding restrictions, FLAT pitches etc etc.:mad:

i'd say legalize ball tampering. its been AGES since a batsman actually feared a bowler. nowadays, even a tailender like ishant sharma is not afraid to play the steyns, the akhtars and the lees....:facepalm

Have you even looked at the pics? He is clearly trying to scruff up one side of the ball. Regardless of the "everyone picking on Pakistan" rubbish that a few fans (including you) have been rambling on about.

Just look at the facebook group he is suggesting.

Not saying that something didn't happen... but pictures can look unusually damning... you can't tell anything by showing just one frame of the action..... I would like to see a video of these to confirm the suspicions....

I'm just amazed that after all that happens they still have the balls to behave unethically.

Broken record I know but these people are either incredibly stupid or incredibly shameless.

I agree.. Even after all that has happened, how do these guys have the guts to keep doing these sort of things? Absolutely shocking.

I agree with those who say BAN PAKISTAN FROM CRICKET FOR A WHILE! 2 years need to be the minimum. They just get involved in every dirty activity or other.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

i am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to akhtar.
and even if he did tamper with the ball, i dont care.

you batsmen have enough already. high quality gear, huge meaty bats, fielding restrictions, FLAT pitches etc etc.:mad:

i'd say legalize ball tampering. its been AGES since a batsman actually feared a bowler. nowadays, even a tailender like ishant sharma is not afraid to play the steyns, the akhtars and the lees....:facepalm

If so, the rules have to be changed to bring about the balance. Are the batsmen tampering with their equipment to gain the advantage they seem to have right now? NO! The equipment should remain what it is. It should not be tinkered with. Change the rules to provide the balance.

If so, the rules have to be changed to bring about the balance. Are the batsmen tampering with their equipment to gain the advantage they seem to have right now? NO! The equipment should remain what it is. It should not be tinkered with. Change the rules to provide the balance.

well, everything is becoming so easy for the batsmen, there is no need for them to tamper with. :doh

either that or play on uncovered pitches, square turners, green pitches etc.
do something to encourage the bowlers.

i'd rather watch a test innings wrap up under 250 than watch a 700 run snoozefest where everyone is just going through the motions.

Sai has a point, whether or not people think Ball Tampering should be legal is irrelevant as long as it is ILLEGAL.

You can't pick and choose which laws you want to follow,

Are you all tweaking blind?

These pictures are photoshopped, you have to be braindead to not be able to see that.

Insomniac added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

The picture on the right - it defies physics unless Akhtar dropped the ball.

And in the left and bottom picture, his nails aren't even close to the seam...

Insomniac added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

article-1314414-0B4F9D34000005DC-210_634x577.jpg

/ End thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread