Should M Aamer be shown leniency?

Should Mohammed Amir be shown some leniency if found guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
If you show leniency with him, what will be the age where you stop showing leniency?

My point of view is plain and simple, everyone involved has to go for life.
As much as I want to see Amir still in the game to see how he develops, there will always be that question mark over his head when he's bowling, and I don't think that's at all good for the game.
Yes I feel sorry for him as he was more than likely heavily influenced by the more senior Asif and Butt, but he has to now take the same punishment.

I assume he would be getting paid the same as Asif for doing it, so therefore if they weren't caught he would of reked the same rewards, so he has to take the same punishment.

So when is this bloody investigation gonna finish? I don't feel like watching Pakistan games until all these gets cleared up, everything looks fishy out there atm (especially Afridi struggling to hit sixes/get out :p)

This investigation will take months. They aren't just going to rush it.

No leniency should be showed depending on age. But he can be banned for 10 years and not for life-time.

^ :facepalm

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

You're basically contradicting yourself immediately.

I said no leniency should be showed depending on the age of the cricketer. It depends upon the things he affected, No.of runs given, Money received, and his innocence in this cases.

So when is this bloody investigation gonna finish? I don't feel like watching Pakistan games until all these gets cleared up, everything looks fishy out there atm (especially Afridi struggling to hit sixes/get out :p)

From C5's comments they seem to be claiming England have worked pop-gun Afridi out and how to bowl to him. Truth is in ODIs his pop-gun cameos were shortlived if explosive and maybe he's decided to try and add volumes of runs rather than quick ones

Truth is that he either walks out with a good eye or he doesn't. Maybe the shot selection is a bit better when he gets a hundred, but it's not like he ever waits until he's in before having a dip. I think his record both in and against England is historically quite bad, so it would be somewhat amusing if their claim of having suddenly found him out "pops" in their face.

Users who are viewing this thread