Should M Aamer be shown leniency?

Should Mohammed Amir be shown some leniency if found guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
Binnu you are unbelievably stupid.

I can see both sides of the coin on this one. On one side, he's a kid and he could've easily been bullied into it by his team mates. But on the other side, he knew what he was getting into and he cheated for money. I really don't want Amir's talent to be wasted, but he cheated and he needs to be punished. He should get a ban for at least a few years, but it should be more leniant than bans for the others.

Not only is it a horrible idea its completely ridiculous.

Read yourself back; You're suggesting that as a punishment he should play for Bangladesh.

:laugh

Haha, I knew it.
If you leave him to play for Pakistan again, he'll commit the same things again. And I guess you should see my complete post. Then you'll come to understand what actually I was trying to convey.

Binnu said:
Take out the punishment on him and make him play for Bangladesh/Zimbabwe!
That would be good cause those teams will not play high profile series' and chances of match fixing cases would be less. Assuming he's a corrupt, he won't be having chance to have a chat with Bookies.

OR

Gift him the punishment which everyone involved in the scam gets! (See Biggy's reason, I second it.)

Seems the general consensus is that he should be shown some leniency, at least compared to the others.

I'm just thinking back to when I was 18 and all the stupid things I did. There is no way I would have been mentally prepared to be an international cricketer. Its not as if Pakistani youngsters have good infrastructure to prepare them for the upcoming fame and fortune that is about to follow. He needs a mentor and a small ban, 1-2 years at most.

As for the others, well they can go to the gallows for all I care. Especially Asif, how many chances did he get! and he still thew it away.

Wow, you're an idiot Binnu.

I don't even know where to start explaining. Why would they be picked for a different country? It doesn't work that way does it. And why should them countries take him? That's insulting to them, especially since Bangladesh were better than Pakistan in England. And him playing for a different country means he can't fix still? What are you talking about? Of course he'll still be able to fix if he wanted to.

Binnu you are unbelievably stupid.
I guess same reply which I gave to Themer applies to you.

I really don't want Amir's talent to be wasted, but he cheated and he needs to be punished.
Even I feel the same!

If he plays for some country like Bangladesh, they'll use his services and his talent will never be wasted.

Just look at Asif's no ball and Amir's no ball. Amir's was HUGGE. Shows how naive he is. Asif's was believable. If Amir hadn't bowled those big assed no balls, things would have been fine.

And what are they still investigating? What's left to investigate? They guy said they will bowl no balls in this, this and that time, and they did. So there is no lie. They are involved in it. It's not a coincident.

Also, can someone give me the link where they guy talked to Amir?

The guy talking to Amir is not on video (at least not released yet)

he basically phones up Amir who was trying to sleep and says something along the lines of "we talked about tomorrow, now get some sleep"

As to your question of why they are still investigating. WHo knows how much more dirt NOTW dug up and how much more video there is to go through.

A well known Indian bookie has said that its easy to lure established stars for fixing rather than new comers. Looks completely opposite here.

I guess same reply which I gave to Themer applies to you.

Even I feel the same!

If he plays for some country like Bangladesh, they'll use his services and his talent will never be wasted.

:doh

Even I feel the same!

Dude just stfu would you?

I don't think he understands that it's not IPL. You can't just go and play for another team. And btw if ICC bans him, he can't join other teams and play. He will be banned from International cricket.

Just stfu with you dumb ideas.

Allegations are made by the police ,let them do their job instead of coming to a point.Who knows what the real story is?Or else this thread too will be closed.

Wow, you're an idiot Binnu.

I don't even know where to start explaining. Why would they be picked for a different country? It doesn't work that way does it. And why should them countries take him? That's insulting to them, especially since Bangladesh were better than Pakistan in England. And him playing for a different country means he can't fix still? What are you talking about? Of course he'll still be able to fix if he wanted to.
He may fix it. But he has to be punished for this mistake right?

Basic purpose for this thread is to leave Aamer alone, with a small punishment.
Why can't it be "Playing for some other minnow"?
Not representing his home nation is the 'small punishment' part. Allowing him to play will be 'leaving alone' part.

When many players have represented two nations in their career, I don't see any wrong in implementing this.

The guy talking to Amir is not on video (at least not released yet)

he basically phones up Amir who was trying to sleep and says something along the lines of "we talked about tomorrow, now get some sleep"

As to your question of why they are still investigating. WHo knows how much more dirt NOTW dug up and how much more video there is to go through.

ah. I see. One more thing. Who was recording who? And who released all these videos? How did all these just bust out all of a sudden.

Sorry I am trying to catch on. I been away for last 2 days.

I don't think he understands that it's not IPL. You can't just go and play for another team. And btw if ICC bans him, he can't join other teams and play. He will be banned from International cricket.

Good.
What about Mr. Kepler Wessels?
He has represented both Australia and South Africa.

What about Dirk Nannes?
He has represented ICC World T20 2009 for Dutch and the very next edition, he was found in Australian colors.

And what about England Cricket team? Many of them originated from South Africa, India and Pakistan.
That practice has been implemented before IPL. So, don't get the talk of IPL in here.

I know that its an idiotic idea, but it solves this thread purpose perfectly.

What about Mr. Kepler Wessels?
He has represented both Australia and South Africa.

What about Dirk Nannes?
He has represented ICC World T20 2009 for Dutch and the very next edition, he was found in Australian colors.

They weren't banned, that makes the difference.:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread