• No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think transmissions should get rid of the cursor turning yellow in the next installment.

Mainly because it can encourage you to just bowl in one spot all of the time, When I'm playing especially against the computer I want to vary my line and length, but I know the opposition will struggle against me if I bowl with a yellow cursor so I can't help myself but bowl there. This usually leads to a more boring game.

I know transmission wanted to help out the non cricketing gamers out there, but I think 99% of people know what a good line is, maybe they could include a tutorial for the people who don't.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Yes it should definately go, keep it possibly for easy so that beginners can get an idea as to where they should bowl, but for anyone else i feel its just not required, same with the arrow that tells you the type of delivery being bowled, we want to make the game harder don't we???

Wrong un

School Cricketer
Very good idea and I agree. Keep it in for 'easy' level but take it out for Normal and Hard. It would encourage you to watch the ball react off the pitch and bowl accordingly.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed, just leave it as a nice cricket colour (not that dark green!) and let the player choose where to pitch the ball based on their cricketing knowledge and change their lengths/lines as they progress through the game and gain experience!

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Agreed, just leave it as a nice cricket colour (not that dark green!) and let the player choose where to pitch the ball based on their cricketing knowledge and change their lengths/lines as they progress through the game and gain experience!

+1 I agree as well

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I think it's OK but the hotspots are currently too 'fickle', if that's possible!

Going just off length at the moment results in a dark green ball, whereas the dark greens should be saved for the rank wide half-volleys, and the long-hops. Basically, I think they should run more of a channel down the off stump line, and also extend wider only on a good length. IRL if you bowl a very good length but a bit wide, it's not that bad a ball; but if you bowl a slightly full length (or slightly short) a bit too wide, it's a bad ball.

D

Dutch

Yep I like the idea of having it optional: at the same time make the field settings radar thingy optional too or at least so it disappears after the bowlers run-up has started or something like that!:)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
yeah! then when you bowl it looks like an actual television game xD

alioz

Club Cricketer
Yes it should go....and i think the "yellow area" should be more so people can change length for variation in their bowling. They can keep it green if its too wide etc. that will help if people are bowling too wide and then you can score easily as you have a wider timing area. but if its near the stumps then it should be yellow. yellow area shouldnt be just one or three spots. it should be the whole surronding area. I hope it makes sence of what i am saying. :sarcasm

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think transmissions should get rid of the cursor turning yellow in the next installment.

Mainly because it can encourage you to just bowl in one spot all of the time, When I'm playing especially against the computer I want to vary my line and length, but I know the opposition will struggle against me if I bowl with a yellow cursor so I can't help myself but bowl there. This usually leads to a more boring game.

I know transmission wanted to help out the non cricketing gamers out there, but I think 99% of people know what a good line is, maybe they could include a tutorial for the people who don't.

Yeps, get rid of it - it feels like a training aid and shouldn't be in 'hard'.

E-N-I-G-M-A

School Cricketer
Yes it should go....and i think the "yellow area" should be more so people can change length for variation in their bowling. They can keep it green if its too wide etc. that will help if people are bowling too wide and then you can score easily as you have a wider timing area. but if its near the stumps then it should be yellow. yellow area shouldnt be just one or three spots. it should be the whole surronding area. I hope it makes sence of what i am saying. :sarcasm

I like the yellow indicator (at least the idea of it)... but only so far as it should be an indication of the good areas of the wicket, but the problem I see isn't having this... but the fact it seems to be the same half-volley length (to the eye) and only has a bit of left/right width, that doesn't seem to change is what annoys me the most.

Just my thoughts:
** Yes, there should be more yellow areas (a line going from off stump working to the ideal short length - a 'channel' if you will based on the ideal line),
** There should be a yellow area just short of a length, and at the ideal 'head-height' for bouncers,
** The yellow area should move based on bowler (speed and bounce) - I hate pitching my medium bowlers in the same area as the quicks... and seem to have the same bounce past the stumps.
** The yellow area should be noticabley different for each wicket, and the wicket wear each day
** The yellow area should reflect the visible signs of wear on the wicket... eg. Some Day3+ wickets have big visible cracks... pitching the ball on the cracks and various parts of the wickets that are showing wear (bowlers footsteps) should impact the quality of the ball .. ie. more yellow areas on cracks perhaps.
** Finally it is a bit too easy to just put the bowling indicator on the right spot, I preferred the old floating dots... you start to move the dot, when you let go it keeps moving (imagine air-hockey puck.... frictionless floating if that makes sense)

Anyway, they're my thoughts.... but to be honest, if they fix the wickets to have more varied 'good spots' to bowl at, I'd be more than happy (and hopefully that in itself will make spin bowling a viable option too)

Users who are viewing this thread