Simbazz's Graphic Shop (Requests; OFF!!!!)

evertonfan said:
It's good but tbh when it's 600x200 (I think), it can't really be classed as a sig. More of a banner.

Yeah it is more of a banner, but i think working on a 600x200 size is easier, plus it is easier to change to 300x100 forum rules :) but i specified in the challange that it could be anything under 600x200 :)

!x!Culli!x! said:
Ahhh man that's nice :D

Maybe next time use a higher quality cut to bring the sig to life more, but that's still a nice sig
To be honest i think its the lighting effects i put on the sig/banner which makes it like that...

But thanks :)

That's understandable but in the future you should make sigs no more than 500x200 in size because that Kallis sig just looks a bit empty because it's so big.

evertonfan said:
That's understandable but in the future you should make sigs no more than 500x200 in size because that Kallis sig just looks a bit empty because it's so big.

Yeah i agree 600x200 is slightly big and on most sigs/banners it looks empty, i think i got away with it on the current one due to the brushed, but yeah 500x200 sounds ok, even 400x150 is a decent size :)

Yea I agree it is too big. Personally, I like 375x125 just because it makes a sig look more compact imo. I like what you have tried to do and I think it works well, though if the sig was smaller it would mean that the render would have taken up a larger area and that would make the bg look more detailed. The render looks quite badly cut, but this is the kind of thing that can easily be improved. The colouring could also be improved, with adjustment layers and it also needs a bit more contrast. Good effort mate maybe a pattern in certain places set on overlay would improve the overall look. Well done, you are improving...:cheers

a1ee4.jpg

Tried the popular theme around the place of late, i think its worked out ok for a first try.

Comments welcomed :)

You haven't followed the tutorial properly. You put a thin black border on it; Why? The idea of using those eraser brushes is that you rub part of the sigs out so the outcome looks torn...

Also, you keep using text that doesn't fit the sig, sometimes arial and times new roman work the best. They don't always have to be fancy fonts. Doesn't look like you applied the image or sharpened it to be honest. It's a decent enough try but i'd give it 5/10 at best, it just looks empty and doesn't follow the tutorial closely at all.

evertonfan said:
You haven't followed the tutorial properly. You put a thin black border on it; Why? The idea of using those eraser brushes is that you rub part of the sigs out so the outcome looks torn...

Also, you keep using text that doesn't fit the sig, sometimes arial and times new roman work the best. They don't always have to be fancy fonts. Doesn't look like you applied the image or sharpened it to be honest. It's a decent enough try but i'd give it 5/10 at best, it just looks empty and doesn't follow the tutorial closely at all.
I believe thats extremely harsh, this is my first attempt and i reckon its ok for a first attempt

It is okay for a first attempt mate but you asked for a comment and I gave you one. Would you rather I lied and mislead you into a false sense of accomplishment?

Your beyond the early stages of gfx making now Simon and you are an experienced member in the gfx field. Because of this, the days of 'Nice sig Simon, keep on going' are gone.

Go on, give it another try with my suggested improvements and it'll be a lot better than 5/10.

Ok ive tried it again this time making sure i followed it exact...The colouring may be a bit off but i didnt like the tut. one :p so i changed it slightly, and yes i do see exactly where i went wrong on the last sig :)

IanBellpng0aa5aacd.png

I quite like it, but comments would be nice :)

Ian Bell V2

IanBell2pngdeabde05.png

I changed the bordering a little bit

I also made this a while back and got no feedback, personally i think its pretty good for something i did way back in the dark days of 2006 :p

Im no longer crazy on the colour of Flintoff, nor the picture behind the main render, but i think its worth another mentioning ;)

andrewflintoff2fc5.jpg

Last edited:
That second effort is miles better. The Bell sig goes right up there as your best yet. However You still need to improve your text as it consistently lets you down. Trust me, on those kind of sigs Arial ad Times New Roman work wonders.

And the Flintoff one just isn't very good, sorry. ;)

Seeing as you asked Saltires i think ill wait to see what he says before i do it ;) if he doesnt come back to me :p

Users who are viewing this thread