Status
Not open for further replies.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I feel we've done fairly well in the pre-season matches, performances have improved drastically and of course we've lost a few matches too but talk about improvement and I think it's been a good journey so far. Hope we could do much better as the main season is going to start pretty soon.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I really appreciate what you're doing cooks but can you make the stats a little more friendly on the eyes? Like how @themusketeer has done in the Landscape team thread?

I'm afraid you're stuck with this as I don't have Excel. If someone else wants to do the stats they are more than welcome though, especially after spending an hour and a half earlier completing the FC stats only to get logged out and losing the lot!! I won't be offended.

If I am allowed to have a say, I think we should take the opportunity. We should test our players enough so that we have a clear idea where do they fit in with the star player when the official matches begin.

That's what we have been doing!

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Just had a peek in here.

Things seem to be going down a lil smooth in here,i believe.

Sorry for not being much active.The guys back at the hostel have made the Wifi more sucky for us.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I believe Mark just scored our first century :)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I think this lineup is working really well for us. Nice work getting it right, Spitfires and cooks.

DickP
Yash
Tikolo
Mark
Simon
Stokes
Hutch/Anirudh
Bobby
Johnston
Loco/Kushari
Ajaz/Aoun

Yeah I agree with this, Loco edges it for me as the fastmediums appear to be more economical and not so hot or cold as the fasts.

@SpitfiresKent can you try specifying 5 bowlers to bowl in an attempt to stop the spread resulting in lesser bowlers bowling far too many overs. This worked for me in the 2 list A games but it may be that VC's sim is set up more realistically than the other 2.

Also First class and List A are up to date as of today. T20 will be updated soon.

Edit: I am officially retiring as team statistician due to VC taking this onboard for all teams and comps.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@SpitfiresKent can you try specifying 5 bowlers to bowl in an attempt to stop the spread resulting in lesser bowlers bowling far too many overs. This worked for me in the 2 list A games but it may be that VC's sim is set up more realistically than the other 2.
Is this even possible? I thought the sim just selects the bowlers randomly. If one of the guys simming the matches can confirm this then yeah sure.

@User2010 @VC the slogger @The Author

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
For FC and List A, you can specify 6 bowlers. It will make sure those 6 only bowl. For T20 I am afraid all the players capable of bowling will be rated as is and the sim will select 6 from amongst them.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
@User2010 Please explain this. Arguably our 2nd best bowler (Dillinger) bowling only 2 overs in every match while lesser bowlers with higher economies getting the full 4. This is happening every time. I'm not seeing such a problem with VC's sims.

Players Overs Maidens Runs Wickets ER
Kumar Kushari 4.0 0 52 2 13
Trent Johnston 4.0 0 18 1 4.7
Ali Ajaz 4.0 0 28 2 7
Bobby Dillinger 2.0 0 10 0 5
Steven Stokes 3.0 0 23 0 7.67
Steve Tikolo 3.0 0 29 0 9.67

Trent Johnston 4.0 0 33 1 8.25
Kumar Kushari 4.0 0 38 4 9.5
Loco Palermo 3.0 0 25 1 8.33
Steven Stokes 4.0 0 32 0 8
Bobby Dillinger 2.0 0 17 0 8.5
Mark Jennings 3.0 0 28 0 9.33

Trent Johnston 3.1 0 35 4 11.05
Kumar Kushari 4.0 0 28 4 7
Bobby Dillinger 2.0 0 7 0 3.5
Mark Jennings 3.0 0 23 0 7.67
Loco Palermo 4.0 0 40 1 10
Steven Stokes 3.0 0 16 0 5.33

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
As I said that problem won't happen with VC and Author's sim because they can edit the averages easily. For me, it is not the case as I have explained earlier somewhere. You are rated better than Loco but still he gets more overs because your team aready has two pure fast bowlers maybe?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
As I said that problem won't happen with VC and Author's sim because they can edit the averages easily. For me, it is not the case as I have explained earlier somewhere. You are rated better than Loco but still he gets more overs because your team aready has two pure fast bowlers maybe?

Okay fair enough, but if it continues bowling bowlers going at 10 an over while not bowling bowlers who are going at far less than that, then it's not a very good sim. Just as well it's only being used for the novelty format.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I was thinking we were all good with us winning all our T20 games so far. :p Actually it is not very user friendly to get the teams in as far as CH goes. I have tried it earlier and it is a good sim but, I prefer CS09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread