Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Does anyone in Chennai know a place to buy a PS2 gamepad adapter with which I can connect my PS2 gamepad to my PC ?

You can easily get them on Flipkart. But let me tell you that a PS2 controller won't work fine with DBC14 (if that's the reason why you wanna buy the adapter).

My cpu is giving some sound (loud noise), when I start it.. So initially I thought that some wire may have touched the fan and so I did stop my pc and shook wires around the fan and after 1 or 2 times doing this process, the sound stopped..
But that sound appears after every 2 or three days..
Can you tell what is the problem and it's solution?

Last edited:
My cpu is giving some sound (loud noise), when I start it.. So initially I thought that some wire may have touched the fan and so I did stop my pc and shook wires around the fan and after 1 or 2 times doing this process, the sound stopped..
But that sound appears after every 2 or three days..
Can you tell what is the problem and it's solution?

I get this problem often when there is too much dust settled on the fan.

My PC is giving an awkward problem:-

BACKGROUND OF THE PROBLEM:-

1. When I purchased it with no graphic card(I am not sure whether I had a graphic card because I only knew how to work on computers that time and not about it's detail hardware), I had installed windows xp.
    I could run E A Cricket 2007 well, but couldn't run games like vice city and other games.

2. Then my friend advised me to install windows 7 because he said win 7 has it's own graphics(something like that, I didn't understand at that time) and so it does not need a graphic card.
    So I installed win 7 and really, I could run all games.

3. 1 Year back, my pc gave some problem. So I replaced my hard disk with a new one. Also, during this process I had given my engineer the motherboard for testing it for any fault. Anyway when I started my pc(after my pc started working again), I couldn't run the games again!. When I asked the engineer about it, he installed some software(I don't know which software was that and even the engineer doesn't remember it but he said that it might be some software of Intel), only E A Cricket 2007 could get started but even it (rest other games didn't start).

PROBLEM:-

Recently, my motherboard(of a good company) had some problem. So I bought a new one(of a local company). Again I am not able to run any game(even E A Cricket 2007) and even as I said that I don't remember which software had run the games. I have tried all softwares from Intel. They even didn't install!!.

CONCLUSION:-

Can any one explain the problem and it's possible solution ?.
I badly want to play E A Cricket 2007 and DBC 14 on my pc (though I can play it on my brother's laptop, but still I will not be able to play at my will).......
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I think you need updated drivers for your motherboard/graphics card.

Right click on Computer, select properties
on the left pane, click Device Manager

Post a screenshot here if possible. (Press Alt + Print Screen button on the keyboard, paste into mspaint, and save)

----------

Meanwhile, download CPU-Z

It can give you vital information about what type of hardware you have in your system.
Run it, and save a screenshot of all the tabs, and post them here.

@Abhas
Here are the screenshots and report of CPU-Z :-

Attachments

• About.jpg
    About.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 22
  • Caches.jpg
    Caches.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
  • CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Graphics.jpg
    Graphics.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Mainboard.jpg
    Mainboard.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • Memory.jpg
    Memory.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 18
  • SPD.jpg
    SPD.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 15
  • CPUID Report.txt
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
From these screens, I can figure out 2 things:
1. Either you don't have an external graphics card, or its drivers are not installed.
2. The motherboard drivers are definitely not installed properly because this is the first time I'm seeing CPU z failing to detect the motherboard.
Would need a screenshot of the device manager please.

Also, could you check if you see 2 ports where the monitor can be plugged in behind your cabinet?

@Abhas
Here are the screenshots of Device Manager :-

Also, could you check if you see 2 ports where the monitor can be plugged in behind your cabinet?
I am sorry.. I didn't understand what did you mean.
Yes there are 2 usb ports at back of the cpu(both are working) and 2 usb ports in front(they are not working)

Do tell me if you need any other screenshots.

Attachments

• Device Manager 1st image.jpg
    Device Manager 1st image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Device Manager 2nd image.jpg
    Device Manager 2nd image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The motherboard drivers are definitely not installed properly

My engineer just brought the motherboard and fixed it.. I mean that, neither he put any drivers in my pc nor he gave me any c.d. of those drivers(as I said it was of a local company and the package didn't carry any c.d. with it).

Do you still have the package by any chance?

You can try installing these drivers:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De...Product=Intel®+Desktop+Board+D915PGN&lang=eng

----------

Do you have an external graphics card, or is it in-built?
If its inbuilt, you might need to allocate more memory to graphics. It needs to be done from the BIOS, so you'll need to tell me what bios you have.
When you start your computer, look at your monitor, and see if it displays any name, like Phoenix or something else.

----------

You can watch this video for details about how to change things int he bios, and what I'm talking about in general:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdfQ8LQNOs&desktop_uri=/watch?v=FUdfQ8LQNOs

@Abhas
Do you still have the package by any chance?
No, I don't have :noway

I have installed it, but still games are not working. Then I tried to play the chess game of win7, but it said something about video drivers whose image I have attached.

Do you have an external graphics card, or is it in-built?
I don't think I have an external graphic card, but i don't know whether I have an internal one or not.

When you start your computer, look at your monitor, and see if it displays any name, like Phoenix or something else.
Bios :-Phoenix

Attachments

• Chess.jpg
    Chess.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread