Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

All I know is that the problem is related to graphics but I have no idea how to fix it. So here is what it happens. I see emoticons, avatars, siggys at places where they should not be. I mean at one hard refresh you avatar will be a :c: symbol for me and vise versa. Some times even the Planet Cricket logo is replaced by a tiny arrow. There is 2 emotions there in the Message box as I type this instead of Code and AA icons. This has been the case for over a month now and occurs regularly on Planetcricket and on extremely rare occassions on a video sharing website. The green button of 'Thanks', 'Quote' and all are white for me at the moment (I am using PC Green Skin). Another hard refresh and I might have emoticons there.

All I know is that the problem is related to graphics but I have no idea how to fix it. So here is what it happens. I see emoticons, avatars, siggys at places where they should not be. I mean at one hard refresh you avatar will be a :c: symbol for me and vise versa. Some times even the Planet Cricket logo is replaced by a tiny arrow. There is 2 emotions there in the Message box as I type this instead of Code and AA icons. This has been the case for over a month now and occurs regularly on Planetcricket and on extremely rare occassions on a video sharing website. The green button of 'Thanks', 'Quote' and all are white for me at the moment (I am using PC Green Skin). Another hard refresh and I might have emoticons there.

Which browser are you using ?

----------

I had the same problem on internet explorer but then I changed to Chrome and everything seems fine now.

Which browser are you using ?

----------

I had the same problem on internet explorer but then I changed to Chrome and everything seems fine now.

I use Opera. I checked the site in other browser (Firefox) and it is working fine so far. Thanks for the tip but isn't there any solution for this like some setting or an extention or something because I use Opera for all of my work. Please note that the problem arises when I use the forum only besides once in a blue moon occasion where a particular video sharing website gets problematic too.

I use Opera. I checked the site in other browser (Firefox) and it is working fine so far. Thanks for the tip but isn't there any solution for this like some setting or an extention or something because I use Opera for all of my work. Please note that the problem arises when I use the forum only besides once in a blue moon occasion where a particular video sharing website gets problematic too.

Don't know much about opera though. Maybe Opera doesn't support PC somehow or the remote file of the logos and avatars and all the other arts get too large or something else. It's more likely to be a browser problem than a graphics problem too me. That's all I have.

Don't know much about opera though. Maybe Opera doesn't support PC somehow or the remote file of the logos and avatars and all the other arts get too large or something else. It's more likely to be a browser problem than a graphics problem too me. That's all I have.

Okay, thanks for taking time to reply. May be @Abhas has the solution for this.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't experienced anything like this before. Can you post a screenshot of the problem? Seems to me like a caching issue.
Try changing your DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 are google DNS servers which work well for most people.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't experienced anything like this before. Can you post a screenshot of the problem? Seems to me like a caching issue.
Try changing your DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 are google DNS servers which work well for most people.

Things are never the same every time I hard refresh the browser. It only happens in Opera; works fine in Mozilla. Anyway, here are the screengrabs to give you an idea. Oh and I do not use any sort of adblockers in case you want to know.

EDIT: And this (Error2.png) is how it looks after a hard refresh.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Error2.png
    Error2.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
And you say this occurs randomly?
Is your Java updated to the latest?
I'm not too sure about Opera, does it have extensions? Have you tried disabling the extensions one by one. Also try opening the browser in Private/Incognito mode.

----------

Okay, just searched around a bit, and I think I might have a solution.. You need to disable HTTP Pipelining, which is enabled by default in Opera.
Go to opera:config
Performance
Uncheck Enable Pipelining
Then Click the Save Button and Close/Exit Opera.

Try.

Okay, just searched around a bit, and I think I might have a solution.. You need to disable HTTP Pipelining, which is enabled by default in Opera.
Go to opera:config
Performance
Uncheck Enable Pipelining
Then Click the Save Button and Close/Exit Opera.

Try.

This seems to have worked as of now. Thanks heaps, pal. Btw, what was the problem and what is pipeline? Its usage etc. if you like to share with me through VMs/PMs.

Now I can't visit the site from Opera. I did try to check again after turning the pipeline on but to no avail. Surprising that it works fine in Mozilla. Furthermore, every other site opens perfectly in Opera.

That's odd. Could you completely uninstall opera and install it again?
Backup your bookmarks.

Everything is running fine now without doing the quoted method. It seems that it was just an odd internet problem given I was able to open it in Mozilla. Anyway, all is well as of now. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread