Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

You've corrupted your registry, though it is possible to rebuild it. You need your windows CD, and you need to boot with it, and enter the recovery console.
If you can do this, let me know, I;ll guide you through the next steps.

----------

You can connect your hard drive with some other computer to extract all your data, incase you're worried about losing data.

I have installed windows 7. So is there any way to move installed programs of windows xp to windows 7?

C:\Users\<username>\desktop

I checked that folder but I can see only icons of softwares. There is not folders. What to do? Is there any location for folders. I did a big mistake. My most useful things are in that folder of desktop.

I think I should format. :( . I will lose all of my stuffs. Dead!

As rule of thumb, never ever keep anything in the drive which holds the OS. This includes the desktop (prime culprit) and the "My Documents" folder. It should only contain the OS + utility programs like MS Office, browsers and other softwares.

Everything else should be kept in the other drive. That way you can format the drive without giving it much thought.

Ya , I know it. But been lazy these days. Used to throw everything in desktop.
Anyone knows where is folders in desktop located? I checked the location which Abhas said but there is only icons of programs . No sign of folders.

Users who are viewing this thread