Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I suppose that would depend on your screen resolution and what graphics settings you play the games on.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Like MW2, BFBC2, GTAIV, etc.?

I have two laptops, one has a 9500, the other has a 9300, and neither would be able to play those games.

I don't play them. But since I can run Mafia2 demo I suppose these will be cakewalk.

SciD added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I am thinking of changing my old gfx card and planning to buy Nvidia 8800GT 512mb (my budget isn't huge fyi). Good enough to run latest games? And what processor should I get to run the latest game smoothly? I would prefer AMD Athlon.

Oye, go for NVidia GT 240. It will cost around 6k.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea that's why laptops can play better games on worse graphics cards, because most of them have rather small screens.

I have a 1920x1080 screen which I play games on and a 1400x900 screen as well so I require a much beefier graphics card

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
GTA IV is being a bitch. When I play (offline) it just lags all the time. Eventually it comes good after ages but it is really annoying. I have tried all the different resolutions and am pretty sure my laptop is good enough to run it because I run CSS, L4D 2 and every other game fine. Any ideas?

Chewie

BCCI President
CSS and L4D2 use hardly any resources. Valve engineers them specifically so that they can be played on lower computers. That's why they can be played on macs. GTA IV is one of the most resource hogging games out there.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
CSS and L4D2 use hardly any resources. Valve engineers them specifically so that they can be played on lower computers. That's why they can be played on macs. GTA IV is one of the most resource hogging games out there.

And? Anything that would help?

Chewie

BCCI President
I'm just pointing out that your reasoning why you should be able to play it is flawed :p

But I have no ideas, it doesn't run too well on my desktop pc and that would most likely be better at playing games than a laptop.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I'm just pointing out that your reasoning why you should be able to play it is flawed :p

But I have no ideas, it doesn't run too well on my desktop pc and that would most likely be better at playing games than a laptop.

Well I'm no nerd. I just play the games, not analyze all that computer mumbo jumbo. I just thought it was a few years old so it should run fine.

Chewie

BCCI President
What are your system specs?

(Start -> Run [You may have to go programs -> accessories -> run] -> type dxdiag in the box that appears -> click 'save all information' -> copy information from txt file here)

That's the complicated way to post them all.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I have two pairs of volume shortcut keys on the keyboard. Suddenly both have stopped working. The only way I can adjust the volume is through the system tray. Any help?

These shortcuts are very useful while playing a game.

Users who are viewing this thread