Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know how to check the ink levels in an HP Deskjet F2180 printer?

P Squared added 18 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Doesn't matter now I got it.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any way by which I can transfer the videos I record from Airtel Digital TV Recorder to a CD? I know that no DTH service provides the facility to transfer the videos, but is there ANY method by which I can?

I desperately need to make a CD of a recorded program.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
but is there ANY method by which I can?
A TV capture card/device connected to the composite out? There's a very cheap device called the EasyCap that you should be able to find in a market somewhere (I bought mine off DealExtreme for about $20), comes with the software you need and does a reasonable job of making discs out of other inputs.

Quality isn't the best as you're going digital -> analogue -> digital, but it will work with just about any device.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Will the quality deteriorate a lot? The current output I get from my STB to the TV is in HD and I want nearly the same quality in the video that gets transferred to the CD.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will the quality deteriorate a lot?
Most likely. Whether you'd notice it or not is another matter, but not knowing if the device has any way of copying the direct transport stream (ie, grabbing the file off the hard disc directly), a method like that is the only sure way of doing it.

What sort of cable do you have it plugged in to your TV with? (take a photo if you aren't sure).

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
HDMI cable. And I just did a quick count, I think there were 19 pins (10+9).

Varun

ICC Board Member
I'm buying a licensed antivirus soon (I had been running on trial versions and avast until now!). As for now, Nod32 seems the best choice for me (in terms of both price and reliability).

I was just wondering that would I be able to use my username & password again, if I reinstall my windows or delete the antivirus from one PC to run it on second?

Users who are viewing this thread