Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I think so. Either they are both in the same disk, or there are 2 separate disks. One thing's certain, the same CD key works for both, so you can use either.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think so. Either they are both in the same disk, or there are 2 separate disks. One thing's certain, the same CD key works for both, so you can use either.
Yup 2 discs confirmed on YouTube :banana2 Now I won't have to pay extra for the 64-bit

omkarjere

International Cricketer
What is RAID and how it works in simple language plz

Abhas

Retired Administrator
RAID is Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive/Independent Disks.
It has many variations, RAID 0, 1, 5, 1+0 (10), etc

RAID 0 combines 2 disks to create one large one. e.g you have 2 disks of 100 gb each, you can combine them to make one logical volume of 200gb. NO data is mirrored/backed up.
RAID 1 mirrors 2 disks, and creates a carbon copy of 1 disk on another. If one disks fails, you have the exact working copy of that on the second disk. This is the preferred method for 2 disks.
RAID 5 uses 3 or more disks, and stores parity information on each of the disks. If any of the disks fail/crash, information stored on the other disks is used to reconstruct the data, and no data is lost.
RAID 1+0, also called RAID 10 simply combines RAID 1 and RAID 0. i.e. using 4 disks, it combines 2 disks to make 1 large volume each, and then mirrors it.

RAID is generally a hardware solution, with a dedicated RAID controller. There are software solutions as well, but they are generally less efficient, and slower.

You will find RAID in almost all servers. It is a necessity for data safety. (Though, it is still not a fail-proof method to make sure you don't lose data).

Last edited:

arjind

International Coach
Here is my problem, just a little annoyance, not really an effect
SO - some basic facts - I HAVE A LEGAL VERSION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007 INSTALLED
I do not have windows genuine advantage installed
however
when I start my office there is a little notice saying that it has not passed security tests or not genuine or something
It only happens once a day
Even if i shut down my computer leave it for 12 hours and return, it won't say in the same day
Anyway to work around the notice

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Here is my problem, just a little annoyance, not really an effect
SO - some basic facts - I HAVE A LEGAL VERSION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007 INSTALLED
however
when I start my office there is a little notice saying that it has not passed security tests or not genuine or something
It only happens once a day
Even if i shut down my computer leave it for 12 hours and return, it won't say in the same day
Anyway to work around the notice
Try installing WGA if your Windows in legal then the message should stop I suppose

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There is a separate office genuine advantage, that is also installed with windows update. Like WGA, OGA does have false positives for piracy. Contact Microsoft support.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me out.

There is a problem with zip files.
Every .zip file which I am downloading from Planetcricket is corrupted.
Using the computer's default [compressed zipped folder] is showing corrupted zip file.
Whereas using Winrar or Alzip it is showing nothing.
Means it shows like this a file with no format nothing.
52177098.gif

I've also created a thread in the morning but no comments.
Can anyone help me out.

arjind

International Coach
There is a separate office genuine advantage, that is also installed with windows update. Like WGA, OGA does have false positives for piracy. Contact Microsoft support.

I think, i just think i have worked around it, will have to try it though

arjind

International Coach
@ Akshay, take Abhas's advce but also try any other zip software, you'd be surprised

arjind added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Yes,that's is what, in the registry I had to work around, disabling add-ins that were accidentally placed there:doh:doh:doh
Well all OK now, I hope:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Hi Guys,

I really need some help on this and I am not able to find a solution for my particular problem.

1. The scene is that earlier I had a single HD(80gb) with Windows XP installed on it.

2. Later I bought a new HD(160gb), n installed Windows 7 on it.

3. After installing Windows 7 successfully, I am given 2 boot option, A.) Earlier Version of Windows & B.) Windows 7 (Set at default).

4. Now I want to remove Windows XP but don't know how to do it.

5. When I load with Windows XP, it shows Windows XP drive as C: and Windows 7 drive as D:.

6. But when I load with Windows 7, it shows Windows 7 as C: and Windows XP as D:.

7. When I change the boot order in BIOS setting to load my Windows 7 HD(160gb) first, the computer shows a blank screen while loading and nothing happens.

8. But when I change the boot order in BIOS back to load my Windows XP HD(80gb) first, everything works fine as it shows me the 2 boot options I mentioned in Point 3.

9. I have tried to use the "format" option to format my Windows XP partition while loaded in Windows 7, but it fails.

I know it sounds a bit complicated but I'm sure the solution isn't that complicated :-). I need to remove Windows XP.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Boot your system using Windows 7 DVD and enter setup.

Click on some options that will come to reach a point where you will get disk management options. Format the drive you want from here.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
But since nothing happens when I set my BIOS boot order to load my Windows 7 HD first, so if I simply format it, won't it stop loading Windows 7 all together?

Users who are viewing this thread