Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

I didn't know where to post it, and didn't want to create a new thread for it, but I was wondering what the best first programming language to learn? I was thinking about Basic or C#. Anyone have any thoughts?

I didn't know where to post it, and didn't want to create a new thread for it, but I was wondering what the best first programming language to learn? I was thinking about Basic or C#. Anyone have any thoughts?

Firstly what do you intend to do in programming ? And which Basic are you talking?

Visual Basic. I dunno. Just so I have something to do.

Visual Basic. I dunno. Just so I have something to do.

vb.net right?
do you target only windows? then i would prefer c# over vb.net
if not java is the best option although it should be a little difficult than c# and vb.net but the same app will run over any os with jre installed
if you want to program something about games in future c/c++ is the best

My friend is having one strange problem. He has Win XP as his OS. He says that if he goes to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab and click on Show hidden files and folders check box and after clicking OK.....it again resets back to Do not show Hidden files and folder ...

So now he's unable to view all the folders/files he has hidden. Whats the problem and solution?

I am having a problem with my speakers.
They are only playing the music from media players and aren't playing any sound while viewing youtube videos or playing games on PC.
Does somebody have a solution?

If you are on Win 7, click on the speaker icon in your system tray, then click on mixer. Check that the volume isn't muted for those particular applications

oh not sure what it could be then because I don't have it.

Users who are viewing this thread