Story Somerset vs SA ICC05

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dont think I have a screenshot or anything of a match my brother had on ICC05, playing as Somerset on normal.

An inconsistant Somerset face a rampant South Africa side, ready to take on England, in a 3 day friendly

Taunton is set to be overcast for the whole match. The toss is made, SA win it and put Somerset into bat.

Only 40 overs are needed as Somerset are skittled for 112. Ntini getting 4-32 and Pollock getting 4-40.

SA start against an out of form Caddick and Willoughby. They easily bat their way past the openers to face, and move onto Largent (was some youth player who he had made into me) and White. They brush the two aside also.

The day ends with SA on 240-6 due to a late surge of wickets from Caddick... a return to form??

Day two opens with similar fashion to day one..... wickets galore. Largent and Willoughby dismiss SA for 330.

Somerset trail by 218 runs at lunch on day two. Can a comeback actually happen? The pitch is rapidly detierating.

A slow and cautious batting period through the rest of the day leave Somerset on 187-3 at the end of the day.

Day three opens with the pitch becoming so bad seamers are moving the ball sideways. The Somerset batsmen risk everything to score runs and incredibly score 332 all out half way throught the second session.

SA need 115 to win of 3 hours of bowling... Just 45 overs... easy you'd think?? Well.....

First over falls to Caddick.... 3 off it. Second to Willoughby.... 2 off it.

Can Somerset possibly hold off SA?

Tea break arrives, SA at 20-0. A string of maidens from Caddick and Largent stun SA.

Cant honestly remember anything of the last session but all i know is the final result.

"Somerset beat SA by 27 runs"

Caddick 5-20, Largent 5-21

An incredible spectical of underdog bowling falls upto the Taunton crowd. SA just fell away by the wayside.

Never since have either my brother or myself won a game in such a great fashion.

How do you mean???

It happened such a while ago so i dont remember much about it but still was quite incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread