South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A pretty emotional day for Pakistan with Inzamam's exit from international cricket. He has been a legendary player for Pakistan and the cricketing world will surely salute his achievements (as Imran Khan says, he has underachieved may be!).

My salutes to a great player.. All the best to him for his future! He broke his bat on not having achieved Miandad's record. Well, I would have done the same thing. Its a special thing to achieve such a record in your last match as a player. Sad he missed it.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, the end to a great career. I was sad when I saw him get out, and he knew he had done it. He broke his bat when he went back to the pavilion.

Anyways, the ODI squad for Pakistan:

Squad 1 Shoaib Malik (capt), 2 Mohammad Yousuf, 3 Younis Khan, 4 Shahid Afridi, 5 Salman Butt, 6 Mohammad Hafeez, 7 Imran Nazir, 8 Kamran Akmal, 9 Misbah-ul-Haq, 10 Mohammad Asif, 11 Umar Gul, 12 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 13 Yasir Hameed, 14 Abdur Rehman, 15 Sohail Tanvir.

I really thought that Fawad Alam would be kept.

Btw, Akmal has just cemented another 5 tests because of his batting :(

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
is Asif even gona play, if not than its Tanvir and Rao that are gona play. i dont kno where he would fit in but Hameed should get a go in the ODIs he did great against Australia A.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I am upset aswell because Inzy didn't break Miandad record.
But oh well he still scores the most runs in ODI for Pakistan

dullah

Club Cricketer
Why have they still kept Afridi? Personally, I really thought that Sohail Tanvir should have been kept in the Test Team.

Bilal91

International Coach
well SA look in great form after a superb perfomance in the warm-up match...i think Mansoor Amjad should be give a chance...made some good runs for his team today and took a wicket as well...he also took 7 wickets in the first class warm-up against SA if i am not mistaken and made 56 in the same match as well...

it would be intresting to see how pakistan come back from the test series defeat which belonged mostly to SA apart from the last day of the last test...

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
this pace atatck is gonna get battered by Sa as its too 1 dimensional

they should have included sami

The PCB will be asking this to anyone who says that: "What the hell do you want?"

I always wanted him in our team. But since the majority of the people say that he should be kicked out, and then they say that we need his pace back. Make up your mind and stick with it.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The PCB will be asking this to anyone who says that: "What the hell do you want?"

I always wanted him in our team. But since the majority of the people say that he should be kicked out, and then they say that we need his pace back. Make up your mind and stick with it.

i support the guy to be in the ODI side but not the tests. he was pakistans top bowler at the WC and i belive that he can still perform in ODIs. but wasnt he hurt or somthing like that.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
i support the guy to be in the ODI side but not the tests. he was pakistans top bowler at the WC and i belive that he can still perform in ODIs. but wasnt he hurt or somthing like that.

yeah he was. I think he still was injured for the tests, but I don't know about the OD's.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors

you ever heard me say kick him out of the team?

i've been a sami supporter since he came on the scene

Bilal91

International Coach
well...bowling was pretty abysmal to start with...only Afridi really looked like a wicket taker...and than the batting...well the scorecard says it all really...55/4...they need a miracle to win this one now...maybe a centuary from Afridi...that would be a miracle...

Bilal91

International Coach
well Afirid and Yousuf made a good comeback but it was just a little too late...the top order collapsed yet again and left the middle order with too much to do...atleast some positives came out of this...hope they can see what mistakes they made and correct them in the next matches...

Users who are viewing this thread