abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can’t judge NZC’s call to cancel the tour, because we don’t know about the threat.
But we have every right to be furious, especially as there’s been no communication to the PCB or the Pakistan government about said threat, and the decision to cancel was made completely unilaterally. I mean, when the Prime Minister is personally guaranteeing your safety, you still make this decision without bothering to communicate with the other side?
Also, this is from Cricinfo.

View attachment 255469
Just read this cricinfo excerpt. Not linked to the topic, but that sounds like crazy, scary conditions to be playing sports under. As if covid protocols and bubble are not enough of a nightmare, that we have such dystopian conditions to play sports under

Nonetheless, pulling out from the game so last minute is weak unless there was a really legitimate reason for it. They should have probably shared more details on it though and been more transparent, because there is no way NZCB come out looking even remotely good in this scenario

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just read this cricinfo excerpt. Not linked to the topic, but that sounds like crazy, scary conditions to be playing sports under. As if covid protocols and bubble are not enough of a nightmare, that we have such dystopian conditions to play sports under

Nonetheless, pulling out from the game so last minute is weak unless there was a really legitimate reason for it. They should have probably shared more details on it though and been more transparent, because there is no way NZCB come out looking even remotely good in this scenario
It's unlikely they would share more details on an intelligence matter at this time, particularly if it is part of an ongoing situation/operation. It came from the New Zealand government. Jacinda Ardern said: “You will understand why we are not in a position to give further information as to the nature of the intelligence, other than to say, it was a direct threat, and it was a credible threat.”

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I don't understand the hate I'm seeing for New Zealand cricket and their players.

They got a report from their government and they got asked to leave due to their safety concern. And their safety should be their governments only concern. Cricket is not more important than a person's life.

The players and board had no choice in the matter. What's left is a discussion between intelligence agencies and that has nothing to with cricket, that's a discussion between governments and agencies.

I understand that people are upset, but if I were in New Zealand's position I would've made the exact same call. I don't blame them one bit. Lives are more important than cricket

It's unfortunate that PCB lost millions of dollars in getting ready for this tour, I just hope now they can receive some sort of compensation for it

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's unlikely they would share more details on an intelligence matter at this time, particularly if it is part of an ongoing situation/operation. It came from the New Zealand government. Jacinda Ardern said: “You will understand why we are not in a position to give further information as to the nature of the intelligence, other than to say, it was a direct threat, and it was a credible threat.”
Did not know about this statement - that sounds pretty serious then.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And yet they were ready to play under those conditions until the day of the match.

Users who are viewing this thread