ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think Zimbabwe will fair better in the ODI's, we've never been good at T20's anyway.

And Prosper Utseya has finally been dropped! :cheers

Chari, Mupariwa and Mutombodzi come into the squad.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Zimbabwe will fair better in the ODI's, we've never been good at T20's anyway.

And Prosper Utseya has finally been dropped! :cheers

Chari, Mupariwa and Mutombodzi come into the squad.
Good Players Comes in it will be good if they Perform Good?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan Won the 1st ODI Match Quite Easily

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Yasir Shah clearly thrashed Zimbabwe batsmen.... They had no clue whatsoever.... Great fighting performance by Pakistan defended a low score relative to recent times..... There used to be a time that Pakistan's top order collapse would always lead to a total failuer virtually. Now things are changing, the attitude of Team Green is changing now and adapting to modern cricket. Bravo Performance

Imad is an excellent find and so is Rizwan and Sarfraz. These guys are the future of Pakistan Cricket If not get victimized by professional politics. I genuinely feel that Umar Akmal should be the history of Pak Cricket as well. There is tremendous pool of talent available in the middle order slot Asad Shafiq, Sohaib Maqsood, Nauman Anwar are one of those few.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I feel that Shafiq is a huge potential he just havent been given a consistent chance in one day cricket. I agree with you on babar azam. He should be there but at the revenue of Umar Akmal not at the cost of Asad Shafiq in my humble opinion

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
he just havent been given a consistent chance in one day cricket.
What? He has been given tons of chances. When was the last time he contributed to a one-day victory for Pakistan?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And the funny thing is, initially they just suspended the match. As if the light was going to get better.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I don't think the umpires can be blamed really, if the light has deteriorated to a poor level they can't risk the well-being of the players. It only takes 1 ball for someone to get hit.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't think the umpires can be blamed really, if the light has deteriorated to a poor level they can't risk the well-being of the players. It only takes 1 ball for someone to get hit.
Like the zimbabweans were bowling at 150 km/h

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Like the zimbabweans were bowling at 150 km/h

It's not just the batsman though, the fielders are at risk as well. I recall in the T20 Blast QF at New Road this season the umpires were contemplating the light when Chris Wood at deep square leg got hit on the nose by a hook shot. Unsurprisingly they went straight off for bad light. It could of been a lot worse but fortunately he got off with a broken and bloody nose.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's not just the batsman though, the fielders are at risk as well. I recall in the T20 Blast QF at New Road this season the umpires were contemplating the light when Chris Wood at deep square leg got hit on the nose by a hook shot. Unsurprisingly they went straight off for bad light. It could of been a lot worse but fortunately he got off with a broken and bloody nose.
You may have a point, but in this case, common sense had to come before the correct application of the laws. If they kept the players under the rain for almost 5 overs, why didn't they finish those 2 overs? It wouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes, I think.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
You may have a point, but in this case, common sense had to come before the correct application of the laws. If they kept the players under the rain for almost 5 overs, why didn't they finish those 2 overs? It wouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes, I think.

Like I said though, it only takes 1 ball for a serious injury and if that happens to occur when you're staying on past the restrictions and you've then been proven to be taking the players safety pretty poorly.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Zimbabwe have improved considerably as an ODI side in the past year. They have had wins over Australia, NZ and Pakistan (multiple occasions). They should`ve beaten India a couple of times in that ODI series and should`ve really won that series against NZ. Even against SA in that tri-series, they had them on the mat once or twice before letting it go. Remember all those games in the WC where the Zims were ahead and missed the bus (against Pakistan, SA, India and Ireland).

If they can get a quick bowler who can pick wickets, they can be a handful. With Bangladesh also showing potency in ODIs and the Irish/Afghans/Dutch/Scots being competitive, there has never been a better time for a 14 team WC. At the very least, ODI cricket could get back some spice if the tri-series and quadrangulars come back.

Users who are viewing this thread