ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can understand Pakistan fans frustration but players safety is paramount, the light deteriorated very quickly. ZC really need to get their backside in gear and get those floodlights installed, It's actually quite embarrassing being the only full member without a floodlit ground!

This does however make the final ODI very very interesting :)

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I can understand Pakistan fans frustration but players safety is paramount, the light deteriorated very quickly. ZC really need to get their backside in gear and get those floodlights installed, It's actually quite embarrassing being the only full member without a floodlit ground!

This does however make the final ODI very very interesting :)
So in this situation the match should have been given a Draw.
Because Pakistan Just lost by 5 runs in D/L Method so Umpires should have told the Shoaib Malik and he would hitted a SIX in the Previous Over's Last Bowl?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
So in this situation the match should have been given a Draw.
Because Pakistan Just lost by 5 runs in D/L Method so Umpires should have told the Shoaib Malik and he would hitted a SIX in the Previous Over's Last Bowl?

What... :facepalm? That's just a completely flawed idea. According to DL at the end of the over Zimbabwe were in the driving seat therefore they win. You can't have the umpires making it up as they go along out there.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What... :facepalm? That's just a completely flawed idea. According to DL at the end of the over Zimbabwe were in the driving seat therefore they win. You can't have the umpires making it up as they go along out there.
At least Umpires should have told the Malik or Umpires should have carry on the game for one ball only so he could reach his century?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
At least Umpires should have told the Malik or Umpires should have carry on the game for one ball only so he could reach his century?

Pretty ridiculous suggestion ; "Oh yes, we feel the light is now a danger to your safety therefore think we shouldn't play anymore. But you're 1 ball from your 100 so let's risk everyones safety and our own integrity so you can get it."

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A umpire cannot risk anything for just a ball or a ton.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ok this Discussion is getting Worst so we should have to close this now ok.
And I Agree with Umpire's Desicion.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What? He has been given tons of chances. When was the last time he contributed to a one-day victory for Pakistan?

I don't think so Shafiq has been given a consistent chance in ODIS. I personally believe that scoring runs isn't as good as how you score runs. Sometimes a great talent needs a click and then he never looks back, A similar example is of former legend Muhammad Yousuf. I remember very much that how he didn't perform in first two years of his career in the One Day Cricket. He remained on and off in the team but then with a consistent chance in 1999, He got the click, in this example, I would also like to put the current team's scenario, Luckily in 1999, Waqar Younis wasn't in the team management otherwise Yousuf would have been a history today.

The team despite winning convincngly with Sri Lanka, Got the team momentum and good combination but still the batting order is getting changed in each and every match. I can understand these things in the T20 Matches as the World Cup is ahead. But you can't just afford such rubbish in the One Day Cricket. Let the winning combination perform consistently. In One match, Rizwan Ali was wicket-keeper, In the other one there was Sarfraz as Wicket-Keeper. One Match Shehzad playing, In other Bilal Asif is making debut.

This team will never get settled down until or unless it would get a good cricketing brain in the team management. Making a good and consistent Team Combination requires a Talent Eye but Azhar Ali is acting like a puppet to Cricket Board and everything is under control by the garbage team management.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't think so Shafiq has been given a consistent chance in ODIS. I personally believe that scoring runs isn't as good as how you score runs. Sometimes a great talent needs a click and then he never looks back, A similar example is of former legend Muhammad Yousuf. I remember very much that how he didn't perform in first two years of his career in the One Day Cricket. He remained on and off in the team but then with a consistent chance in 1999, He got the click, in this example, I would also like to put the current team's scenario, Luckily in 1999, Waqar Younis wasn't in the team management otherwise Yousuf would have been a history today.

The team despite winning convincngly with Sri Lanka, Got the team momentum and good combination but still the batting order is getting changed in each and every match. I can understand these things in the T20 Matches as the World Cup is ahead. But you can't just afford such rubbish in the One Day Cricket. Let the winning combination perform consistently. In One match, Rizwan Ali was wicket-keeper, In the other one there was Sarfraz as Wicket-Keeper. One Match Shehzad playing, In other Bilal Asif is making debut.

This team will never get settled down until or unless it would get a good cricketing brain in the team management. Making a good and consistent Team Combination requires a Talent Eye but Azhar Ali is acting like a puppet to Cricket Board and everything is under control by the garbage team management.
Well, I don't think that a guy that averages 25 after 50 ODIs should be given any more chances. When he played in Lahore against Zimbabwe, even on the flattest of pitches he made 39 off 59. That's simply not good enough for ODIs in 2015. Even if it's true that he hasn't shown his true self in ODIs, he'll probably end up having a career like Younis Khan: very good in Tests, flat track bully in ODIs.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Really poor batting again, feels like one step forward two steps back :noway

At least Mutumbami played well yesterday, a very brave effort despite his helmet being taken clean off (anyone else see that? :eek:)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Well, I don't think that a guy that averages 25 after 50 ODIs should be given any more chances. When he played in Lahore against Zimbabwe, even on the flattest of pitches he made 39 off 59. That's simply not good enough for ODIs in 2015. Even if it's true that he hasn't shown his true self in ODIs, he'll probably end up having a career like Younis Khan: very good in Tests, flat track bully in ODIs.

Hmm maybe... agree with Younis Khan part, was never a good ODI batsman. Technically Shafiq has a very sound technique in the current players but ofcourse you need to perform as well consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread