South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He has gone to hospital annd looks real bad.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Africa WOW !!!!!!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This Maharaj guy seems to be doing a damn good job. An average of 22 in FC cricket says something about his batting abilities too. Have SA unearthed a bonus talent?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is exactly what I wanted to see. Brilliant to see South Africa coming back into the game and taking charge yesterday. Even though they lost Steyn, the rest of the bowlers still bowled well to restrict Australia. It is disappointing to see Steyn's tour end like this. Even though I definitely want to see him again in test cricket, I feel that it will be very hard for him to come back from this.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Steyn's out for 6 months. It's really sad to him get injured so much.[DOUBLEPOST=1478273392][/DOUBLEPOST]Warne remembers about the DRS being so bad only when an Australian is the victim. Legendary player, ridiculous commentator.

stefan

International Coach
Great fightback from the boys. Sadly better sweet with Dale's injury. Surely it can't like this..He deserve to get the SA record.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uh oh. Sad to say, wity so many injuries, there is more of a possibility he can decide to call it a day.:(. Steyn was one of my favourite fast bowlers. Its very sad to see him getting injured so much.

I feel worried for Australia too. At such a good position they lost it and collapsed. The middle order didnt do much after Warner and Marsh put the foundation. I guess they are going through that phase where teams completely losr their form. The game is still alive though. SA need runs and Aus need wicjets. This will be very interesting to watch. I hope Steyn will be better and be the highest wicket taker for SA.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finally got time to write how I've felt about the game so far. First innings was shocking. Sometimes South Africans play the stupidest shots, playing outside off etc. Our bowling wasn't great to start but we managed to pull it back nicely. Maharaj (I called it :D) couldn't find his length but he pulled it back and I think he'll become our main spinner (I'm open for the selection panel if you want CSA). Cook hasn't done well but people must remember this is his first time outside SA and after playing 30+ years of cricket in SA it'll take time to adjust, looked good in the second innings but needs to rotate the strike a bit more. Elgar is IMO one of the best openers in the world (Probably behind Warner and Cook) he scores big hundreds when we need it. Amla will come good and we'll have another 100+ runs a match. I'm happy for Duminy and I do like him (his shot to bring up his 50 was amazing) but if i'm honest anyone can score a hundred if you give them 2 years to do so, same goes with Faf (but we need his leadership), I'd still rather have Rossouw but I'm happy for Duminy. Faf is improving and should be made full time captain. Bavuma is solid but I think there are better options (although he's the best in terms of colour which we need). De Kock I'm still not happy with. I'll only feel he's ready when he can dig in and bat out long innings (these crappy 80s aren't good enough for him). Philander wrapped up the tail so he'll stay in the time for 6 years (Morkel should have his spot) but he isn't a bad option and can bat. Steyn's injury is terrible but we have players who can get called up and do well (Morkel, Viljoen who would be quality in Aus, De Lange, Paterson and Duanne Olivier who I'm very impressed with). Maharaj is my second prediction to be correct (if SA call up Dane it'll be 3) and he's exactly what we need as a spinner.

All in all besides the first day we've been solid. Once Amla and Cook get back in form I reckon we'll be pumping the Aussies who bat till 4. Mitchell Marsh is in the team how?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Mitchell Marsh is in the team how?
I think the only option to replace him would be Travis Head.
SA might fancy themselves to get a 100 runs more, if Philander and Maharaj stick with de Kock.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Elgar is IMO one of the best openers in the world (Probably behind Warner and Cook)

What about Murli Vijay? I tbh rate Murli Vijay even higher than Warner. Yes Warner is very entertaining and gets his runs very quickly but most of his runs are scored in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread