South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
But we beat you in ODi's in England, with Australia losing their home ODi series against you. Therefore I'd put it as:

SA > India > England > Daylight > Australia

;)

On topic though. SA deserved the series win, brilliantly led by Botha, who seemed to trouble the Aussies far more than he troubled England late last year, he's certainly come along nicely. JP Duminy showed throughout the tour that he's a class act, and one of the best young players in the world, and the ODi series also saw Dale Steyn show his promise in the ODi game, after failing to impress in the format before this series. South Africa look a class side, and with Smith back in there they'll be very hard to beat.

ajdude

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's a pretty small consolation imo.
Good one mate.

Attention to a post in his book "Captains Diary - 2008" by Ricky Thomas Ponting :

:D How quickly things can come back biting you! All Ponting has to brag about currently is a T20 series win.
Yeah guys, thank tweaking god sarcasm comes out the way it does on the internet. :rolleyes:

stefan

International Coach
Great win for the boys and especially well done to parnel and tsotsobe. Too bad Vaughn couldn't get some runs, must feel like the only guy not to have contributed on tour.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Great win for the boys and especially well done to parnel and tsotsobe. Too bad Vaughn couldn't get some runs, must feel like the only guy not to have contributed on tour.

Haha yeah prob feels the way McKenzie did in the test series! Even worse perhaps...

Super display by our team, not sure if the Aussies just suck outright or if we're pretty good at the moment - prob a bit of both but we had like half a team and we still beat them to the ground. Seriously good depth shown in our team, I think the most depth we've had in the team for a very very long time. What do you reckon? Best Test/ODI side we've had since the Donald days?

Really stoked for Amla especially....hes been phenomenal, as well as AB and Duminy. Surprised with Lopsy, this is actually the first time Ive ever seen him play and he doesnt look half bad! Got some decent batsmen out today.

My thoughts about Botha has also done a complete 180 on this tour...I always thought hes one of those Martin Van Jaarveld okes - too good for domestic but not good enough for International and hes captaining the side like an old pro! Would like to see him given a go in tests as well, I think hes a better player than Harris. Future's looking bright for us guys, we're back! :D

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations for South Africa for being number one in the world. Amla is showing his board back in South Africa he indeed can play as an ODI batsman. Previously he was often ignored. And I read Tsotsobe's bowling record yesterday; they were pretty good and I was expecting something from him. And today I see he delivered with 4-50.

Australian fans can't probably wait till the tour to South Africa starts.

stefan

International Coach
Haha yeah prob feels the way McKenzie did in the test series! Even worse perhaps...

Super display by our team, not sure if the Aussies just suck outright or if we're pretty good at the moment - prob a bit of both but we had like half a team and we still beat them to the ground. Seriously good depth shown in our team, I think the most depth we've had in the team for a very very long time. What do you reckon? Best Test/ODI side we've had since the Donald days?

Really stoked for Amla especially....hes been phenomenal, as well as AB and Duminy. Surprised with Lopsy, this is actually the first time Ive ever seen him play and he doesnt look half bad! Got some decent batsmen out today.

My thoughts about Botha has also done a complete 180 on this tour...I always thought hes one of those Martin Van Jaarveld okes - too good for domestic but not good enough for International and hes captaining the side like an old pro! Would like to see him given a go in tests as well, I think hes a better player than Harris. Future's looking bright for us guys, we're back! :D

Best side we had since the late 1990's. But this side is better imho. They are stronger mentally than that team was.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Ohh what a day again for the Australians the chart is going down down and down. Hayden is gone to and what a shot Punter played so casual and the captain himself lack the responsibility to handle himself on crease

South Africa :hpraise deserves no.1 spot the best thing class player like Boucher Ntini steyn smith are all in room and still Aussies found it hard to defeat and chase the target pity, :D

venom2011

Club Cricketer
Well we need a major overhaul i believe. Some of these players just dont belong.

Look I think Johnson is the big no no in the bowling lineup. As I said before, worst successful bowler I've ever seen. Take him out. Bracken, Hilfenhaus, maybe Tait and certainly Lee and Clarke when they're fit. Krejza as a spinning all-rounder is an option. Then take out Hope and Dussey, They're too bits and pieces while doing nothing of quality. Get a Katitch or someone like that in the middle order.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ohh what a day again for the Australians the chart is going down down and down. Hayden is gone to and what a shot Punter played so casual and the captain himself lack the responsibility to handle himself on crease

South Africa :hpraise deserves no.1 spot the best thing class player like Boucher Ntini steyn smith are all in room and still Aussies found it hard to defeat and chase the target pity, :D

They will going to have this till mid Sunday afternoon. We are also without Roy,Clark,Binga. Half of our squad is in experienced but this problem is not going to last long.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Great to see someone finally look better than Australia in cricket of all forms, it'll spice the whole international scene as literally everyone bar perhaps Bangladesh, who seem to be improving well saying this, can beat anyone on their day great for world cricket. Plus its great to see potentially world class black youngesters coming through like Tsotsobe who bowled brilliantly today.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Great win by the boys. I never expected a win after Mickey decided to rest both Ntini, Steyn and Kallis but what a game by Tsotsobe, 4 wickets in his first game against Australia in Australia, some brilliant stuff.

This team surely is the best side we've ever had bar maybe the team of the the 1970 Ozzie tour to with Richards, the Pollocks, Procter, Bacher ect. It has everything from consolidators to destroyers.

Duminy once again showed that he should hopefully become one of the greats, with a brilliant 50 to win us the game. With so much you talent, our future looks very bright. Australia were poor throughout the series, they screwed up almost every chance they got. They will need a few years to rebuild, before they have a chance to reclaim the title of the best team in the world.

Great series and can't wait for the return to SA!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Look I think Johnson is the big no no in the bowling lineup. As I said before, worst successful bowler I've ever seen. Take him out. Bracken, Hilfenhaus, maybe Tait and certainly Lee and Clarke when they're fit. Krejza as a spinning all-rounder is an option. Then take out Hope and Dussey, They're too bits and pieces while doing nothing of quality. Get a Katitch or someone like that in the middle order.

Pretty much agree although Hopes certainly wasn't the worst player out there. Managed to get 3 wickets and did alright with the bat. As I said though hes much better in the 5th bowling spot with a spinner taking the 4th bowling spot. Don't think Hauritz is the answer there seeing how easily SA took him apart, maybe a Heal or Krejza.

Users who are viewing this thread