South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
SA should declare at lunch tomorrow.

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why? There is still 3 days to go and they are ahead of the game. SA gets well ahead in the first innings and its all for Aus to do. They need to get ahead and do it at a pace to have any chance of keeping the series alive.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why? There is still 3 days to go and they are ahead of the game. SA gets well ahead in the first innings and its all for Aus to do. They need to get ahead and do it at a pace to have any chance of keeping the series alive.
Sh*t i thought the third and second day got washed out :facepalm

stefan

International Coach
Abbott is absolutely brilliant. It is amazing how he takes wickets day in and day out. With due respect, prolly this is the time for Steyn and Morne to hang up their shoes in Test Cricket. Abbott, Rabada and Philander have done more than enough to take their place. Also, they have Viljoen is breathing down their neck and then there is Dane Paterson.

Would say de lange and duan olivier are closer to the test team then paterson. There is also Ngidi from the titans who I really like.

What is even better for SA is that Cook, though very early in his career decides to retire (he is 33 ATM), there are players like Rudi Second and Keaton Jennings (if he does not go on to play for England) are two of the brightest prospects who can easily replace him. With Amla's reflexes getting a little slower (that is what I noticed in the last match) Theunis de Bruyn can be given a shot in future unless there is someone else more worthy to take up the place.

Jennings will play for England but its not a big worry as SA has Aiden Markram coming through.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
South Africa's bowling depth is incredible. I have always rated Kyle Abbott but to come in mid series and give a performance like this is very special. South Africa have done this without key players like AB, Steyn and Morkel is amazing and shows how bad Australia is right now. As I have mentioned many times in the past, Faf is a natural leader and should captain in all the formats. This will also free up AB and he can only focus on his batting which is likely to extend his career as well. Faf has been spot on with his bowling changes and keeping the pressure on the Australian batsmen.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
R.I.P Australia Cricket.

Which died at the Bellerive Oval on November 15,2016.... :D

It's heartening to see SA strong as ever after overcoming the criticism thrown their way since the disastrous India tour and losing to England at home

At this point, I don't think having Steyn isn't going to hurt SA much, with three bowlers with good pace and able to swing the ball. I'd really have Faf to be captain rather than AB when he returns.
Now, I think that Voges ought be dropped. There are far too many chances to him. The last few Tests, he hasn't been scoring.

I feel that Australia really need to get it together or else they'll be crushed by Pakistan...

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
  1. :aus: :bat: David Warner stays, as captain.
  2. :aus: :bat: Joe Burns out, replaced by either Shaun Marsh (if fit), or Kurtis Patterson.
  3. :aus: :bat: Usman Khawaja stays.
  4. :aus: :bat: Steven Smith stays, but is relieved of the captaincy.
  5. :aus: :bat: Adam Voges out, replaced by either Jake Lehmann or Glenn Maxwell.
  6. :aus: :bat: Callum Ferguson out, replaced by either Nic Maddinson or Travis Head.
  7. :aus: :wk: Peter Nevill either stays or is replaced by Peter Handscomb.
  8. :aus: :bwl: Mitchell Starc stays, unless he is rested for Jason Behrendorff.
  9. :aus: :bwl: Joe Mennie out, replaced by either Peter Siddle (if fit) or Chadd Sayers.
  10. :aus: :bwl: Josh Hazlewood stays, unless he is rested for Jackson Bird.
  11. :aus: :bwl: Nathan Lyon out, replaced by either Steve O'Keefe or Ashton Agar.
  12. :aus: :ar: Mitchell Marsh stays out of the side. Call up Marcus Stoinis or Hilton Cartwright if you need an all-rounder.
I know that's a lot of changes, and I know Australia won't do it, but they literally couldn't do any worse than they have in this Test. I particularly hate to call for Nathan Lyon to get the chop, but I just can't quite see what he's trying to achieve at the moment.

Also well aware that, at its most extreme end, that team offers the possibility for seven players and one captain to make their debut in the next match.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Amazing victory. Probably Australia hasn't lost like this in history or if it does that might be long way back. Just saw some wickets highlights. They were playing like a sub-continent country struggles in fast and bouncy tracks. Totally outplayed. Surprizingly these players are good Warner, Smith, Khawaja but not clicking at all.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
If I summarize Australia's reason of recent downfall is the comparison of statements between two players. One from the legend, other from the current Aussie Captain

Australia got defeated by England in successive matches. Gilchrist media statement said "We are a team to beat"

Australia defeated by South Africa in successive matches. Smith media statement said "I am embarrased honestly"

I feel these are not just two statements. They carry a whole lot in them about the culture and spirit in Australian Cricket Team

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I respect Cricket Australia that atleast their chairman of selectors Rod Marsh had the courage to accept the responsibility and he resigned for good and betterment of their Cricket. :thumbs

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a poor decision by South African Selectors. Faf Du Pleisse is doing an excellent job. The team is so gelled with him and working so cohesively like never before. Captaincy is an art and a high class batsman/bowler doesn't guarantee a great captain. Its a shame....

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia are reminiscent of West Indies of the 80s. An once great team let down by hapless management. Make no mistake about it, the team has been in decline since 2007 which was briefly covered up by superhuman spells by Mitchell Johnson. The squad has been ruined by poor decisions from those in power and to make things worse, the board seems to be approaching Greg Chappell to return lmao. It's like adding fuel to the fire. There's a real dearth of quality in the domestic arena, particularly in the bowling department. Bleak times ahead unless there's drastic change.

Users who are viewing this thread