Story South Africa Vs The Barmy Army

an okay score by England 285 is neear enough but would prefor more until lower ordor collapse, how many stories has that happened:p

Well Matched On Day 1

bbc_logo.gif

South Africa was made to battle as play ended on 116/2. The SA openers slumped as Herschaille Gibbs was skilfully bowled by Hoggard for 1. Then the captain, Smith, was brilliantly caught at third slip by Ashley Giles, for 14. However, Jacques Kallis and AB De Villiers annoyed a tired English attack, ending on 53 and 40, respectivily.

Giles takes the catch

2hzo1v4.jpg

SA In Control

bbc_logo.gif

SA In Control!

South Africa gained the upper hand in a rainy morning on Day 2. England began strong as Monty Panesar took the wicket of Jacques Kallis for 64.

2czbu47.jpg

However, the bowling of Giles and Panesar wasn't enough as SA's AB De Villiers reached 68, alongside Jim Rudolph on 34*, and SA totaled 189/3.

35k4njc.jpg

i feel Flintoff has to be given more chances! ( only 6 overs so far ) Also Giles n Monty combo is a bold risk in my opinion :) Just read this, it was a good read! Gud Luck for rest of the story!

SA Tear Into England

bbc_logo.gif

South Africa Rule Day 2

England are licking their wounds after SA reached 262/4, just 23 runs behind. Ashley Giles started the session brilliantly, taking the wicket of AB De Villiers (68) on his first delivery. However, even the new ball couldn't help England as Rudolph reached 70 and Ashwell Prince, 29.

2ldakw7.jpg

In a press conference, Duncan Fletcher said to the media :

" We have to show our boys some patience. Yes, I admit SA are beating us and are batting well. But our team needs confidence and some praise, not a grilling. "

come on england get another wicket or so and you will be OK

England Fight Back

bbc_logo.gif

England have regained some confidence going into the afternoon on Day 3. Flintoff and Hoggard combined with the new ball to create a collapse leaving SA on 373/8, even though SA now lead by 88. Panesar also picked up another wicket, and Ed Joyce made a suberb catch to dismiss Shaun Pollock.

43g1dnq.jpg

Joyce's superb catch

2yoqyi9.jpg

SA All Out, England Woe

bbc_logo.gif

South Africa have finally been dismissed for 424, with a splendid lead of 139. Justin Kemp made 69 as England look set to struggle to win. Matthew Hoggard took the most wickets, achieving 3/67, while Flintoff and Pietersen both grabbed two wickets.

4i1mfzo.jpg

David Gower's view :

" England need to get around about 450 if they are to have any chance of winning this. "

oh deary me england have an uphil struggle, but the saffers looked to have the better batting line-up at the beginning

that's stil quite low odds for enlgand to win, and high for the saffers

Users who are viewing this thread