Story South Africa Vs The Barmy Army

England Near End

bbc_logo.gif

The Barmy Army are in serious trouble as they slumped to 67/3, still 72 runs behind SA's total. They lost Strauss, Joyce and Pietersen for low numbers as they try to find a saviour. Bell and Collingwood currently occupy the crease for the evening session, and will hope to stay there.

2jcdlcj.jpg

England Fight Back

bbc_logo.gif

England Go To War

A great partnership between Flintoff and Collingwood put England in a safe position at the end of Day 3. They combined to score 80 and 75, until they were both dismissed, leaving Read and Giles at the crease, and England on 268/6, which is a lead of 129 runs.

2ur5csm.jpg

David Lloyd's View :

" Jesus has returned to the Earth, but in pads and a helmet! And he is here at Edgbaston today! Is the tide changing? "

1 - 0 Proteas

1 - 0 Proteas

South Africa squashed any hope of an English win, as they wrapped up the 1st Test by 8 wickets. Needing 139 to win, Graeme Smith and Andrew Hall hit the bowlers out the stadium, with Smith earning a half-century.

33212r4.jpg

Reactions :

Graeme Smith :

" We expected more from the English "

Andrew Strauss :

" We were truly outplayed, but we will strike back. Remember the Ashes 2005? "

Duncan Fletcher :

We need to prepare, work and improve. We aren't giving up to the Proteas. "

Man of the Match : Andrew Flintoff

2nd Test, Lords

bbc_logo.gif

08:00am

The ECB have made two changes to the team that lost the first Test in Birmingham. Harmison is injured and is replaced by Sajid Mahmood, while Ed Joyce will be changed with Owais Shah, with Ian Bell opening.
However the Proteas have made two changes as well. Jambert and De Stadler replace Shaun Pollock and Justin Kemp.

The Toss

bbc_logo.gif

2nd Test, Lords

Commentator :

" Hello, and welcome to the second test between England and South Africa here at Lords. Now, the weather is fine and there is a slight breeze. Perfect for cricket. SA call the toss, and win it. "

Graeme Smith :

" It worked last time. We'll bowl again please. "

England Gain Control

bbc_logo.gif

England have got off to an absolute flyer in the first session of Day 1. The revised openers, Strauss (43) and Ian Bell (46*), put England onto 105/1, with Andrew Strauss the only casualty. He was caught behind by the bowling of Andre Nel.

2wozw9f.jpg

David Lloyd's View :

" Finally! "

England Run Wild!

bbc_logo.gif

England Run Wild!

England are dominating the second Test as Ian Bell and Kevin Pietersen piled on another partnership to reach 260/1. Bell has scored 112, while Pietersen reached a century before Tea.

2jd4090.jpg

England In Complete Control

bbc_logo.gif

England In Complete Control

England have finished Day 1 on 430/2, with Ian Bell reaching 183 not out. Kevin Pietersen was caught and bowled for 124, while Shah made a debut half-century. He will return to the crease tomorrow on 71*.

35idudu.jpg

bbc_logo.gif

England Do Wonders At Lords

England have truly done brilliant in the morning on Day 2. They batted to 643/5, with Ian Bell making a magnificant 215, and Collingwood batted to 84*, alongside Chris Read. Talking to Michael Holding, Bell said :

" It's my first ever double century and I can't believe I did it at Lords, against the Proteas. "

4i49llf.jpg

bbc_logo.gif

England All Out!

England were finally dismissed for 683, with Paul Collingwood making his hundred. Choosing not to declare, they batted on until 20 minutes before Tea, where SA started their innings. The pick of the bowlers was debutant, Paul Joubert, who finished with 5/190. SA got to 49/1 in reply, with Graeme Smith the only dismissal.

3zh0bpk.jpg

Great batting display from England! Even here, Smith is out of form :) great batting by Bell,KP and Colly!

bbc_logo.gif

SA Made To Follow-On!

The Proteas were made to follow on by a lethal English attack. They slumped to 355 all out, 128 behind the follow-on. Monty Panesar finished with 4 wickets, while Matthew Hoggard continued his good form, picking up three. SA reached 25/0 in their second innings, with a long way still to go.

29yf409.jpg

[Pls note, I will reporting after every day NOT session, because I'm a bit weary.]

bbc_logo.gif

SA Chase The Army!

SA are just 4 runs behind England after a huge 153 from captain Graeme Smith. He inspired his weary side to reduce the deficit to a slender boundary. Currently at the crease is AB De Villers (19) and Ashwell Prince (2)

4bj058o.jpg

bbc_logo.gif

England Level The Series!

England took just 54 minutes to win the second Test at Lords. An inspired Monty Panesar (6/85) destroyed the Protea's middle order, with a series of caught behinds and bowlings. Giving England a target of 17 to win, they did lose three quick wickets of Strauss, Bell and Pietersen reducing them to 10/3. However, a no-ball took England to win and level the series 1-1.

47iqqzm.jpg

Reactions :

Andrew Strauss :

" That's a taste of our full potential. "

David Lloyd :

" If England produce a first innings total like that again, I'll join the Royal Crochet Club. And I hate crocket. "

Man of the Match - Ian Bell

bbc_logo.gif

3rd Test, Old Trafford

07.30am

Both teams are announced. England make two changes. Stephen Harmison shakes off his injury and replaces the lacklustre Sajid Mahmood, while Jamie Dalrymple switchs with Ashley Giles. The Proteas are unchanged.

484j87a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread