Your Cricket South African schools cricket rules ?

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well at the start of last years cricket season at my highschool ,( i play under 15's ) They anounced a couple of new rules. 1. Must wear a cricket Helmet ( well that is kinda a must do injuries i've seen school kids get ) 2nd in 20/20 games there must be a spin bowler bowling 4 overs. They told us this is to develop spin bowling for South Africa, i though well it could be a good idea , but at the end of the season it seamed that nothing happend , spin bowlers mostly got no spin and weren't very economical. Never before was it in our school cricket that we didn't have enough spinners we had alot but non of them were good ( i think it's because their not trained the correct ways of spin bowling.. )
What do you guys think about South Africa's spin problem and this effort to develop spin bowling in SA ?

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The pitches arent suited to spin . So spinners dont get as much as a chance.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You need wrist spinning talent. Not just off-spinners and slow left arm bowlers.

On unhelpful pitches, even great finger spinners struggle.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
im not that sure it's the pitches , because high school's pitches aren't prepared well , and well constructed like the internation pitches , and the pitches we play on because it's not well made is very uneven and when bowlers bowled on it , it gets very quickly more uneven and rought which should provide alot of spin.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Also 20\20 games are no good for developing spin bowlers.

Watch any game an there not really after wickets there bowling them flat without loop hoping to keep runs down.
So forcing them to bowl a spinner will not help develop good wicket taking spinners.

Australia are worried about this also.
There worried the 20\20 game is going to make it even harder to get great spin bowlers.
20/20 is more likely going to scare off spin bowlers early in there career also.

20/20 is pretty much no good at all for development its good enternainment and has the ability to get more interested in playing but as for developing big NO

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
yeah but that's the problem only this year ( under 16's ) that's when we start to play longer version 40 overs, 35 overs but it's not often we play 50 overs, all out through the school cricket they play mostly 20 overs, because longer than that takes too much time.
And why is 20 overs such a bad thing for spinners it's that kind of bowling that did the best in the 20/20 world cup.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Its fine for spin bowlers and they can be the best bowlers in 20/20

Its just not good for developing them.

They cant really toss the ball up to let it spin its too risky.
So they all just basically bowl like a slow/medium bowler pitch it in the right spot.

Users who are viewing this thread