South Indian Cricketers are the smartest and the cleverest !

South Indian Cricketers are the smartest and the cleverest !

• Agree

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Disagree

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
No one claimed anything about a player's worth based on their intelligence. This thread is just a comment about the relative intelligence of players based on state populace statistics.

Illiteracy has a specific definition for statistical purposes; the inability to read or write (cognitively, rather than ability to copy) a simple sentence in any language. 100% literacy is not uncommon in small areas.

However, Kerala is not quite one of them. Well over 90%, though.

That kind of statistic is quite pointless in small areas though, isn't it?

It's all well and good having a small area outside a good private school having 100% literacy rates. If a county/state had 100% literacy rates, that'd be impressive.

Do you guys agree with me here ?
I know that we have plenty of members on this forum from South India,just wanted their views on it.

What backs this arguement is-
1. Srinath,Kumble,Srikkanth,KKD and Dravid are all well qualified.
2. Tendulkar,Kambli and a few wothers have actually failed in Class 12.

And for those who do not know,the Indian Test Captain is a computer-engineer and a good one too-Kumble !

i agree...srinath and kumble both r software engineers..

in case of sehwag and harbjan singh both learned english after playing for indian team ...

if u see the present indian team most of them r from small towns...so they dont get the good education

That kind of statistic is quite pointless in small areas though, isn't it?

It's all well and good having a small area outside a good private school having 100% literacy rates. If a county/state had 100% literacy rates, that'd be impressive.
I mean small areas like Norway.

Also, Sreesanth is quite the genius apparently, he's got a degree in Sports Phsycology.

ROFl!

That is hilarious considering his antics on the field....!

Anyway good on him. :)

Phsycologists are known to be a bit -well not mad,whimsical ?
Sree proves it though !

Sorry to any pyschologists out there !

On a side note, Stuart Clark is currently finishing his part time law degree, talk about having your life set out :p

Thank god this thread was not put on a forum fully inhabited by Indians. Or else, you would have seen the infamous North - South clash with it.

I dont think education plays a major role for a sportsman. It helps to be educated, but it doesnt mean that you're guaranteed to be better than those who are not as much educated. Smartness and cleverness can be in a person even without education.

South Indians are neither smartest nor cleverest, the thread is intending to say that they are simply more literate and hold degrees in things which are gonna help them with nothing. Being educated doesn't make you smart and clever, amply proved by Sreesanth's antics recently. North Indians, on the other hand have got more flair, the street-smartness, and being clever with the situation. After all, Sehwag got the first triple and Yuvi got the 6 sixes, does that mean they are not clever or smart?

I know this thread might turn into one of those N.I vs S.I threads but can someone agree with me that the thread itself encourages such discussion with an obvious poll too?

Well, see it whichever way lol :p. I think this kind of thread is very childish; grow up Icy, didn't expect something like this from you!! Personally, I have got no gripes with anyone including my sometimes very annoying neighbour.

You see,i'm neutral here-I'm from the West :p

Anyways,mods may close this thread now.

Infact,i should rename this thread as-Some Indian cricketers are well professionals as well !

Man who from South is Smant and Clever? We have Yuvi the most smashing of them all. Who can beta Siddhu in cleverism??? Tell?

Users who are viewing this thread