Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brilliant vid Paul and love the 'Paul-eye' :p

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
nickelless_cage said:
Hi, Legend Master...just a silent admirer here, but i've been following the TOAC scene for quite some time now... sometimes regularly, sometimes quite sporadically.

I'm really enjoying the progress this project has been makin thanks to the hard work put in by all of ya'll, screenshots are promising and animations are very commendable as well

i'm not sure if its cuz of work in progress or not, but this is about the batsman's animation.. it involves him looking down at his bat position and then at the bowler,while the bowler's running in....my SLIGHT niggle is that the batsman tends to do that particular action a LITTLE too much.... if you would notice in this particular video...the batsman is looking down at his bat while the ball has already reached his feet (normally, the batsman is ALL eyes as soon as the ball leaves the bowlers hand, fully concentrating on the balls trajectory)....so his reaction in this particular video seems a lil startled... so maybe you could restrict the number of times the batsman would follow that particular animation.

also there seems to be a part of the animation missing during the bowler's run-up (the transition where the bowler is about to deliver...and he uses his left hand to sort of cover the ball in his right hand..) but to be fair..its only noticeable if you watch it in slow motion.... (i THINK i am making myself clear here.....or..am i ?)

ALL of these are hardly issues, even worth mentioning.. when you're looking at the broader picture this game is set to put forth...but when its a game made to represent the real game....with most of its intricacies...then maybe what i mentioned aboive is worth looking into

anyway... keep up the great work....i wish you and your Team the VERY best

thanks, mate. Very good call there about the batsman looking up. Should be easy enough to fix, so ill have a go at it...

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
First time I've posted in here I think. Been watching the progress of this game and to be fair Paul's doing a fair job of it.

I downloaded the Spin/Drift video and watched it - I know it's a bit hard to see from the camera angle, but it looks as though it's a right-handed leg-spinner, and the ball drifts away from the right-handed batsman. I've watched the Ashes 2005 DVD enough times to know that the ball should drift into the right-handed batsman - i.e. in the opposite direction to which the ball spins.

Apologies if that's what it does and I just saw it wrong!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
lazy_chesnut said:
First time I've posted in here I think. Been watching the progress of this game and to be fair Paul's doing a fair job of it.

I downloaded the Spin/Drift video and watched it - I know it's a bit hard to see from the camera angle, but it looks as though it's a right-handed leg-spinner, and the ball drifts away from the right-handed batsman. I've watched the Ashes 2005 DVD enough times to know that the ball should drift into the right-handed batsman - i.e. in the opposite direction to which the ball spins.

yeah, you are right, as Manee also pointed out. This is fixed already.

LM

Brett_Lee

International Coach
LM, this is great work. Love the pauleye looks awesome

Keep it up

Brett_Lee

manee

Chairman of Selectors
lazy_chesnut said:

Great minds think a like eh?

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
The drift looks amazing. So to the quality of ideas and how the game is shaping up.

Users who are viewing this thread