Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

^Round 2 starts now.:facepalm

:facepalm

If these allegations are true. They just need to banned from cricket until they can get an administration that is competent enough to control it's own affairs. Because the PCB is even more of a more of a joke than they were before, and that's saying something.

Last edited:
I have been reserved in saying things for the fact these reports have always come forth from The Sun and News Of The World, which in it's real news aren't even close to being reputable sources but in this games it's seems this is helping them.

But if all this comes to light, I am afraid I have come to the conclusion that they really need to be thrown out. I wanted them to stay as it looked like it was just 3 players but even after they are suspended they still carry on doing it. Sometimes people say that the best place to do something where you won't get caught, is right under the nose of a superior and Pakistan seem to have taken that route exactly.

It's just sheer god damn ignorance, your country has had one of it's worst natural disasters in a long long time and all these self-righteous people can do is fix games so they can get more money. I am surprised they can get themselves out of bed with a smile on their face in the morning.

I'm afraid to say it, but if these are all true, Pakistan have left themselves and cricket as a whole in tatters.

What would Bradman say?

Well it is possible that "certain scoring patterns" emerge in most every ODI, it's not as if matches are all wholly unique, so it could just be a bit of fishing from that newspaper that took a bite. Scoring patterns must be hard to fix, unless it is dot balls, and even if it was when bowling.

Perhaps all this highlights is what I was saying, that the real problem is bookies - no gambling = no temptation = no match fixing

The claims made by The Sun, regardless of whether they are a reputable source or not, must have some credibility or else the ICC wouldn't have started the probe so quickly. They say that a burnt child dreads fire. Doesn't seem to be the case with Pakistan.

I don't think anybody needs to jump to any conclusion here. Even I can predict scoring patterns in a match and they appear right. That does not mean I have solid info that the match is fixed. For this match to be fixed England have to be involved too since they collapsed that dramatically. I am sure that is not the case since IMHO this match was clean. Also why don't ICC investigate umpires like Doctrove who has been trying to ensure Pakistan lose this ODI series.

I just the read the news on cricinfo.

I can tell you already some patterns of the 4th ODI already.

A Pakistani wicket will fall before the 10th over.
England will score more then 50 runs in the first 10 overs.
One bowler will grab more then three wickets.
Pakistani bowlers won't bowl a maiden.
Afridi won't ready a century.
Kamran Akmal, if he plays, will drop a catch.
Strauss will score more then 30 runs.

ZexyZahid added 11 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Here is the Suns article:

They're bat at it again
Cricket chiefs probe new Pakistan fix claims | The Sun |News

Here are some important segments from that article:

'The new investigation will centre on suspicious scoring patterns in Pakistan's innings and on two suspect overs during yesterday's match at The Oval.

Gamblers like to bet on how many runs will be scored in each ten-over session of an innings (Sun mentioned this, so maybe this is the case what happened).

The dramatic probe began after The Sun received details of calls between a notorious Dubai-based match fixer and a Delhi bookie.

We alerted ICC corruption busters led by ex-police chief Sir Ronnie Flanagan. After a frantic round of calls the ICC decided to issue a general warning to Pakistan's players, but by then the game had started.

The Sun is withholding details of the alleged fix while the investigation continues - but we can reveal that horrified ICC chiefs launched their investigation before the Pakistan innings had even finished. The probe centres on an individual within the team camp who is believed to be the ringleader, taking money from bookies and ensuring their orders are carried out.'

Well, this is different to the NOTW story, because we saw the damning evidence there. With this, we can only wait. We can't really make a judgement like we did with the NOTW claims.

^ Agreed

However if this turns out to be true, Pakistan should never be allowed back into cricket. They simply can't be trusted.

Man this is getting over my nerves, terrible. Again, now the third ODI.:facepalm
I was so pissed reading that article, ban all.

The ODI series should never have been allowed to go ahead. After what happened at Lord's they should have canceled the tour until the investigations are over.

and the top news on Cricinfo - ECB confirms Pakistan tour continues

I was going to see the scorecard of Somerset vs Warwickshire but was so pissed seeing this, I closed the tab immediately. I hate Pakistanis, they have totally ruined the game. It's hard to enjoy the game anymore whenver I gets a glimpse of the trio and Kakmal/Ukmal.

And WTF, they believe newspapers, the Sun and that. Making cricket a joke, PCB can't comment, ICC is dumbass. All sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread