Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

kinda disgusted by so much negativity aimed at every pakistan player and in some cases fans. simply despicable. have u all forgotten gibbs was allowed to play on for SA even after he admitted to being involved in match fixing?? and he was supported by fans world wide? forgotten baout the indian involvement? or the australian involvement? what about warne being a drug cheat? so cheats are in all forms of sports from every country.

the fact that pakistan has been involved in the biggest case since the cronje incident is bad for the administration and pakistan cricket but it is not a problem exclusive to only one country or one set of players. if the ICC truely wants to get deeper into this it will have to dig deeper than what they have already done, especially into the worlds largest illegal gambling market for cricket in india, even if that does mean upsetting the almighty BCCI.

Some of the fools even wanted Pakistan to be kicked out of international cricket as a punishment for this crime. :facepalm

ICC to examine tapes on Indian bookies' network | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

The ICC is in the process of procuring tapes from Sports Illustrated India after the magazine published a story in its May edition on the illegal bookies network in India. The tapes include 400 minutes of conversations the magazine had with people involved in bookmaking - in some cases, the conversations are actually part of police operations.

One of the main points of interest to cricket investigators is likely to be a conversation the magazine recorded with a bookie in which he alleges that he has taped conversations of him with an international player in which he is detailing a fix. He also claims to have another taped conversation with the same player after the arrangement fell through, which the magazine claims to have heard (but doesn't have access to).

There is no smoke without fire. Something murky is definitely going on, and the authorities have a lot to answer for.

Now this is worrying King Cricket. What's even more worrying is that it's just not 3 players, but a whole system that involves a number of players from several international teams.

Needless to say, my faith into the integrity of the game is on a knife-edge. If those tapes are proven to be true accounts, then as far as I'm concerned, cricket can go fearsome tweak it.

:mad

Lets see what comes out. I dont think anything will

God i hope your are right. But this here is just another example of why cricket needs a proper ICC, all of this supposed corruption via match-fixing (mainly in Asia) would never be an issue.

kinda disgusted by so much negativity aimed at every pakistan player and in some cases fans. simply despicable. have u all forgotten gibbs was allowed to play on for SA even after he admitted to being involved in match fixing?? and he was supported by fans world wide? forgotten baout the indian involvement? or the australian involvement? what about warne being a drug cheat? so cheats are in all forms of sports from every country.

the fact that pakistan has been involved in the biggest case since the cronje incident is bad for the administration and pakistan cricket but it is not a problem exclusive to only one country or one set of players. if the ICC truely wants to get deeper into this it will have to dig deeper than what they have already done, especially into the worlds largest illegal gambling market for cricket in india, even if that does mean upsetting the almighty BCCI.
While your sentiment might be on target, your facts are off. Gibbs got to play because he confessed, and he didn't return to support by fans world wide. Heck, the Indian police still want to arrest him. Warne took a drug that is known as a masking agent for other drugs, there is no evidence he took any steroids or illegal drugs of any other sort. And he was punished and served out his sentence. I don't know what this Australian involvement you talk about is - they were approached by bookies but reported it.

Match fixing in the past has pretty much been India - Pakistan - South Africa.

----------

Now this is worrying King Cricket. What's even more worrying is that it's just not 3 players, but a whole system that involves a number of players from several international teams.

Needless to say, my faith into the integrity of the game is on a knife-edge. If those tapes are proven to be true accounts, then as far as I'm concerned, cricket can go fried chicken it.

:mad
I'll probably lose faith in International cricket and give up following it.

Might as well just convert to a football fan tbh and stop playing cricket too.

----------

There is no smoke without fire.
On an unrelated note, I hate that saying. Dry Ice and water anyone?

This new episode could really be a game changer for cricket and how its being governed at this point in time. Pakistan saga was just the tip of the iceberg. Things are going to turn ugly, me thinks but this is as good a time as any for catharsis of the game.

On topic, cricket is my favourite game, and it's the game not the hype or the celebrities that I love so match-fixing won't change anything. Actually, willingness to clean up its act - as with any display of integrity, courage, transparency and accountability - only makes me love it more.

----------

Off topic: :clap :facepalm Oh give me a break! The saying's bin around a bit longer than the technology to freeze CO2!:)

Yea, but that doesn't mean it should be valid as a saying in this day and age. So irritating.

Wasn't Hader going to expose the names of players who were into fixing? Seems like he is now just worried about getting back his place into the team.

Also its quite annoying when ex-players come out with strong allegations and say they would take out names but don't. I just hope this mess clears up soon, can't watch a game with same excitement now. Anything odd seems to indicate of some wrongdoing.

Yep man. Watching Pakistan play is just horrible. You just dont know whether its an honest mistake or something mischievous.

I've already stopped watching ALL cricket since the Pak incident. I might catch some England test cricket but I just don't trust the cricket world anymore. Shady countries and shadier people playing an obscure sport which I can't even discuss with any of my friends.

Cricket is pretty much dead to me now, save for the Ashes

----------

Also, it finally makes sense why the Pakistanis were match fixing for money, they had to secure the funds to hide Bin laden from somewhere, the 1 billion we give them every year is just not enough.

While your sentiment might be on target, your facts are off. Gibbs got to play because he confessed, and he didn't return to support by fans world wide. Heck, the Indian police still want to arrest him. Warne took a drug that is known as a masking agent for other drugs, there is no evidence he took any steroids or illegal drugs of any other sort. And he was punished and served out his sentence. I don't know what this Australian involvement you talk about is - they were approached by bookies but reported it.

Match fixing in the past has pretty much been India - Pakistan - South Africa.

----------

----------

exactly my point. gibbs is still wanted but got to play because he confessed. how is that right? and warne admitted to taking a drug that helped him to get in better shape supposedly because "he wanted to look good on TV". and both warne and i think the other guy was waugh gave away information on pitch conditions and so on to bookies and i know i know it doesnt account to match fixing or bowling no balls on purpose but if they were willing to cooperate on bookies with that then what else? isnt this the same reason samuels was banned?
anyway my point is the same as before. almost every team has been involved in some way with bookies over the years. the ICC has to be tougher on the whole lot and not just the less financially strong boards. and i agree, it has been a major problem in the subcontinent and SA.

Users who are viewing this thread