Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

The guy is just 20 & was under such a leader who should be hanged TBH.

So wait, Kamran Akmal can actually catch? Surely this is the most shocking piece of news to emerge thus far.

The guy is just 20 & was under such a leader who should be hanged TBH.

How long will you keep finding excuses? I remember reading here that the whole domestic league was corrupt as well. Surely lots of 20 years olds in there as well.

If you are fixing, you are fixing. And by the way, 20 is not really that immature an age when you are inevitably forced to match fix. If you've got your ethics, you're not gonna do it even if you're 15 or 14. The age argument doesn't make much sense. You could say experience to an extent though, but the same argument applies.

A bit harsh, don't you think Varun. The guy had just turned 18, was away from home with all his friends and family. And when your senior team-mates tell you to do something fishy, he didn't have his confidants to ask for advice.

Not saying what he did was right. Oh no. And he was correctly punished. But you have to look at circumstances. Not everything is black and white.

Yeah, I think so. :p I get a bit utopian sometimes.

But that's sort of how I feel about this, albeit, in a much less aggressive sense than I manifested in that post. Not saying that he shouldn't be given a second chance sometime in the future though.

Last edited:
A bit harsh, don't you think Varun. The guy had just turned 18, was away from home with all his friends and family. And when your senior team-mates tell you to do something fishy, he didn't have his confidants to ask for advice.

Not saying what he did was right. Oh no. And he was correctly punished. But you have to look at circumstances. Not everything is black and white.

Agreed. I think there is far more to it than his team mates getting him in on it. We saw what happened to Haider, he was fearful for his families lives. I'm not saying I justify what Amir did but what if he had no choice??

----------

As for Butt, the Akmals etc. they can be gone with they didn't really offer anything to Pakistan cricket anyway. Wahab could be missed, he was turning into a pretty decent replacement for Amir.

Exactly, maximum two years of ban should have been imposed on him, 5 year ban is bit too harsh.

I think 5 is fair tbh. Need to make an example of him.

Life bans for the rest I say.

Yeah, it is fine imo too. He will still be only about 25 when he comes back right. Plenty of time to make a comeback and a career out of it.

Didn't Riaz get into a scuffle with Trott during the tour? Possible signs of his guilty conscience bubbling under the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread