Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Ijaz Butt has reportedly claimed that If Aamir had agreed to bear witness against Butt and Asif in front of ICC tribunal, he would be playing for Pakistan right now. :facepalm Aamer has basically done himself.

Ijaz Butt has reportedly claimed that If Aamir had agreed to bear witness against Butt and Asif in front of ICC tribunal, he would be playing for Pakistan right now. :facepalm Aamer has basically done himself.

Yea but what you do it? I mean its odd you cheat with them, then turn against them. What sort of credibility do you have? Then again there is no honour among thieves.

I think he just wanted to get this over with and move on.

Obviously I'm still speculating here, but I'd like to hope Aamir understands he made a mistake and is prepared to see out his punishment.

It might just be blessing in disguise. The kid has got age on his side. Its good he learnt this harsh lesson early in his career. I am sure it would also serve to warn a lot of other budding youngsters throughout the cricketing world.

not sure why Aamir is not part of this. Majeed I can understand as he has quite a few cases against him. Maybe, just maybe... Aamir is being kept as a witness if all else fails.... that will really make some good court room drama....

New PCB chairman, would love him to sort some of this mess out, not perform miracles but at least implement some order, rule with a steady hand.

Lets face it though, he won't, he's some banker mate of the presidents.

The things I read happening in Pakistan deeply concern me anyway, their cricket team is just mirroring that descent.

Some of the things the prosecution is coming out with is retarded. Shooting itself in the foot.
""I'm not there to pressure him, just to encourage," Butt replied to Milne's suggestion.

Milne hit back: "Before Mr Asif bowled his no-ball, you said to him, 'run faster f*****, you are running too slow'."

Again, Butt denied that such a conversation had taken place: "If you have played cricket in any part of your life you would know that these things are never said. It is no term. There's no suggestion in cricket as 'run faster'. He is not running the 100 meters, he's bowling. Asif has never been about pace, he is a rhythm bowler. "

Why the hell would anyone tell a bowler to keep running faster, especially Asif.

Why the hell would anyone tell a bowler to keep running faster, especially Asif.

Because he was running in too slowly to make sure he was bowling a no-ball. Seems fairly obvious. Like a boxer throwing a fight. It can be too obvious. For example if Asif had walked in and overstepped, that would have been fairly blatant?

Some of the things the prosecution is coming out with is retarded. Shooting itself in the foot.
""I'm not there to pressure him, just to encourage," Butt replied to Milne's suggestion.

Milne hit back: "Before Mr Asif bowled his no-ball, you said to him, 'run faster f*****, you are running too slow'."

Again, Butt denied that such a conversation had taken place: "If you have played cricket in any part of your life you would know that these things are never said. It is no term. There's no suggestion in cricket as 'run faster'. He is not running the 100 meters, he's bowling. Asif has never been about pace, he is a rhythm bowler. "

That's not the prosecution. It's Asif's lawyer :rolleyes

So we finally get to see the trio go against each other. Another twist in the tale.

jackson_popcorn.gif

Err so do I have this right? Butt is essentially saying he's innocent, but that Amir and Asif are guilty? Interesting.

Everyone turning on each other. The ???? has hit the fan and all cases are looking even weaker now. Asif says Butt pressured him, Butt says Amir had some sort of agreement with Mazhar Majeed and Amir pleads guilty.

butt saying he was suspicious that majeed was involved in match fixing.

bit like a prostitute saying she was "suspicious" one of her regulars was cheating on his wife.

More like the regular being suspicious that the prostitute was in fact, a prostitute.

So is this their defence? Butt claiming he had no involvement, as he didn't actually bowl the no-balls; while Asif claims Butt pressurized him into it.

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread