Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Hmmm. PCB taking News of the world to court!!!!! Wow.:mad:

Look at the comments from Mr Rizvi:

?It is very disappointing, especially the way the British police reacted without having any concrete evidence. They merely acted in response to a newspaper report without establishing facts and the truth as far as our players were concerned."

So as per Mr Rizvi, police should have waited till PAK team goes back to their country.:D

"If any of the players? agents are involved in such activities then it should not be an automatic perception that the players also are tainted and follow similar activities.?

Tell me do the player's agents know in advance that when a no ball is going to happen????:mad:

?Obviously the morale of every player is down and such incidents leave a negative influence on the individuals and the team as whole"

I agree with you on this as players will feel bad and down as they have lost so much potential money. :laugh

Its just like attempting to murder some one and then taking the victim to the court saying" Why the hell you didn't died ????":laugh:laugh

Infact the news channel shall be given a pat on the back for the good work.

Also how can ICC president say so quickly that there is no Indian link to all this issue??? :eek::eek:

I think when it comes to bookies, there has to be an indian link. Infact I would say that fixing has become an MNC with its employees and business globally.:spy:spy

So come on PCB do something very quickly and learn to accept facts rather than thinking that dealing with issue by cross allegations will save your skin.or you are just justifying that you guys are equally involved as the players are.:sarcasm

Also ICC needs to understand that no game can survive without fans and cricket matches are loosing their fans very quickly.:yes

Last edited:
Cricinfo is reporting that the chief of the committee setup in the UK to look into illegal betting side of things has said that there is not enough evidence to press charges against Majid as there is little evidence of a bet being placed.

'Insufficient evidence' against Majeed, fears UK anti-corruption chief | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

The article goes on to say that since this would clear betting allegations, further course of action would be solely in the hands of the cricket authorities. And something about that makes me rather unhappy.

Sky Sports News: There has been three more arrest in relation to the betting scam.

Looks like the police are onto something then.

Sky Sports News : "Pizzas have been seen delivered to the team in their hotel"

Seriously think that they're going slightly over the top now.
THEY ORDERED PIZZA :eek:

Plenty of Criminal Evidence right there. Off with their heads I say!

As a pakistani i am so saddened by this

I think an example needs to be made. A lifetime ban is not enough!! these players should be punished by execution. They have commited the ultimate crime of betraying their country, death penalty applies. Off with their heads i say, do it so the whole world remmembers!!!

As a pakistani i am so saddened by this

I think an example needs to be made. A lifetime ban is not enough!! these players should be punished by execution. They have commited the ultimate crime of betraying their country, death penalty applies. Off with their heads i say, do it so the whole world remmembers!!!

Okay :S

How can anyone assume that these are the only seven players involved. As far as i am concerned pull everyone.

If matches are to conitnue, cap 11 new players from Pakistan A team, yes it almost certainly means that Pakistan will be defeated heavily in the world cup, but thats the only way!!

ICC Should take the following action

*Continued membership of Pakistan would mean no more PCB
*ICC will create Regime to oversee cricket in Pakistan
*ICC will base a selection commitee, and oversee all cricket operation for the time being
*All players who have played for Pakistan for the last year receive a minimum 2 year bBan.
*All Players named receive a lifetime ban.

Its the only way.

Furthermore Government of Pakistan should press treason chrages on players proven to have commited match or spot fixing.

Its the only way!!!

PCB are fighting to clear the names of all involved. ICC wants to take some action. The Police say they don't have enough evidence and proof to press charges, Majheed will be free and doesn't have **** to answer to ICC. Without Majheed ICC can't properly punish all those involved. Kamran Akmal is already in the clear of the police. NOTW is going to get sued.

This drama is going to continue for some months folks. Expect a lot of those involved to get away with a slap on the wrist. A ****ing disgrace to cricket.

Oh, so Majeed recorded this video after the balls were bowled for a bit of fun? To see if he could get arrested and possibly go to jail?:sarcasm

Maybe it's NOTW new strategy to skyrocket their sales it would be selling bucket-loads after that you know

The Police say they don't have enough evidence and proof to press charges

The police haven't said anything of the sort. The police will not comment on an ongoing investigation. The headline on Cricinfo is merely the opinion of a man called Rick Parry, chairman of the Anti Corruption UK who said he was worried that the video isn't enough evidence and that the police as a result won't be able to press charges.

NOTW is going to get sued.

Even if the PCB sue the NOTW they aren't going to win the case as the NOTW haven't printed anything libelous. They've merely released the tape.

Maybe it's NOTW new strategy to skyrocket their sales it would be selling bucket-loads after that you know

I highly doubt that this will have caused people to go out and buy the NOTW in bucket loads because all the details of the allegation were in every other major paper. And the fact that its an awful paper full of celebrity gossip and the like.

PCB is absoloutely unreliable, it wouldnt surprise me if they were in on the take. ICC needs to step in and Ban Pakistan from Cricket all together

Even if charges are not pressed, I hope people realize a crime was still committed. Just because NOTW did not actually place the bet does not mean these guys should get away with it!

Users who are viewing this thread