Story Sri Lanka aim to become the best (ICC2006)

Ownage, pure ownage... that was great bowling and the batsmen just led the way ;)

I think if you keep this up Jazy boyo you shall progress as well as a hotdog going into my stomach :)

Another easy win for SriLanka. Sangakkara played well and Murali is always in the wickets column. :)

2nd One Day International against England

Jayasuriya out. Tharanga in.

A vrey econominal start as they early reach 15-0 after 6 overs. Finally we get the breakthrough though as the opening wicket of Strauss goes for 10 runs. As the run rate picks up Malinga finally gets a wickeet. As Vaughan goes for 15 in the 26th over England are going much quicker on 107-3. As Weerakoon's overs come to a close he picks up two vital wickets to get good inning figures. Hurray though as we finally get our bad omen Marcus Trescothick, and he goes for 66 as he is ran out and then Arnold picks up his 1st wicket. As in the lsat over, Samaraweera's only one, Tharanga drops Prior and then he only concedes one run the whole over as Enlgand make 199-7 and fail to get 200. Sajeewa Weerakoon easily the best bowler as all the others were unfortunatly quite poor. Leaving us to get 200 at 4.0 an over, But how would Tharanga do?

It seems that we have finaly found ourselves a very good opening partnership as Sangakkara and Tharanga both take us to 41-0 after 10 overs with Tharanga top scoring. As we attempt to pick up the run rate the partnership comes to an end after 79 runs in it as Tharanga goes for 32 to Matthew Hoggard as he is caught for LBW. At the halfway mark we need 109 runs at 4.4 an over to win. As the required run rate carries on increasing we try too much as Kapugedera falls as a great partnership forms someone had to go and that man is Mahela Jayawardene and then Kumar Sangakkara shortly after. Another great win is then made sure as Samaraweera gets the winning run in style with 4 overs to spare. A great performance all round as Kumar Sangakkara is in great form as he carries that form to deserve, easily at that , Man Of The Match. So as we go up 2-0 in the series it is ineteble that we will now lose the series.

2ndODI.jpg

Wow great match again.

Can't rep you as I have to spread but people I think we should rep him when we can as this story is so quick and fast and easy to get addicted to. Congratulations on the great start, may it continue.

Great innings by Sangakkara once again. It all looks rather ominous for England.

Yeah, sounds good. 2 left handers are always good. Think of....... *cough* Strauss n Trescothick *cough*

Congrats on the mileston, good acheivment. Also I think Tharanga was a great choice although many people may not of thought it as he is a young good cricketer and this experience will do him the world of good:)

I prefer Sanga 3rd and Jayawardena opening with Upul Tharanga, but as Sanga is on tip-top form, why stop it? Good choice there jaz.

Users who are viewing this thread