Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sl does not have bullies. Remind me off Haydens 300+ against Zims.

Apart from the droppings of Pakistani fielding, here is another reason why this partnership is going on:

141.1 Danish Kaneria to Samaraweera, no run, close shout for lbw, flighted on middle and leg, gets down on one knee to sweep it down fine, struck on the pads as the ball held its line, struck in line, looked pretty adjacent there, Steve Davis is wrong again

In other words: he has multiple wrong calls.

Also the current partnership is the highest fourth-wicket stand in Tests: Cricinfo Statsguru - Test matches - Partnership records

This is really strange. They didn't take a wicket for a long time and now Pakistan has taken three wickets within three overs. And it's three wickets within 10 balls actually.

I'm not surprised Sohail Khan got pasted, he looked very ordinary in the highlights I saw of his debut v Zimbabwe, low on pace, carrying too much weight, very ordinary.

Good to see Malik and Khan batting well together, maybe they can post triple centuries and then Pakistan can declare with a 200 run lead and bowl Sri Lanka out on the last day.

Nice 100 by Younus, and now dumb cricket by Malik - running himself out after a hard-fought 56

227/3 Pakistan, Younus still there, playing a captain's knock

its a shocker of a pitch,probably going to be a very high scoring draw.

5000 test runs for Younus Khan, and may he get many more.

zMario added 21 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Well played Younus Khan - double hundred

First time in test match history that both captains of a side have scored double hundreds.

Younus Khan's 2nd double hundred in test cricket, along with the 267 v India in 2005 and then theres a 199 v India as well in 2006.

zMario added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Records broken in this test:

1. Highest 4th wicket partnership in test history (Jayawardene / Samaraweera)
2. Highest total at National Stadium, Karachi (SL 644/7)
3. Highest Partnership at National Stadium, Karachi (Jayawardene / Samaraweera)
4. First time both captains have scored double hundreds in the same test match (Younus / Jayawardene)

Great innings by Younis Khan, on cricinfo he was quoted as saying that because Jayawardena made 240 he wanted to score 245. I hope he marches on to 300.

Jayawardena should have tried Dilshan and Samaraweera for a few overs by now, to give the batsmen something different to think about to break up their rhythm, and to give the others a rest.

I know Murali and Mendis are very different bowlers to the average offspinner, but they are still offspinners, as are Dilshan and Samaraweera. 4 offspinners (however different they are) is still 4 offspinners, which hardly qualifies as "variety", and variety is something needed on pitches this flat.

Maybe it's time for Jayasuriya to make a comeback.

Wow great shot by Younus, hitting Murali for 6

Younus moves to 210, the way he is batting, he can easily beat Lara's 400 record (and he has the time to do it)

zMario added 43 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Pakistan have avoided the follow-on

Well done Younus Khan, almost a single-handed effort!

Now get that 400 :p

Waleed: "I don't understand why Jayawardene is not trying to bowl with Samaraweera... he has 348 first class wickets! Still he is being ignored and Sangakkara is being given a chance to bowl.. Strange!"

Agree. Now he's brought himself on. Younus is on 290, near a triple ton.

Iqbal gone as I say that, good bowling change. Come on Younus. :D

LOL Sangakkara and Jayawardene bowling. This is great quality test cricket.....

Khan might get 400 here.:eek:

Wow, pitch must be shocking.

Well done to Younis Khan on 300. M&M getting smashed. Good to see haha. Of all the Pakistan players Younis Khan has always been a favorite of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread