Stadiums ID

Mattw; how did you access these screenshots?
Go to any team in the Cricket Academy, select the Team Identity option and the Home Ground option in that. The first option then lets you cycle through the stadiums - which you can then pick the most appropriate one that looks the closest to the stadium the team actually plays at and then rename it - which is why sometimes the display name is different, the ground model is the same but with a name assigned to the team.

West Oval is in India - half of the fake IPL teams have that as their home ground. I think it corresponds to the HPCA Stadium in Dharamsala.
That makes sense. Considering Scotland don't have a big stadium, or big enough mountains.

Those screenshots have made me see how great the landscape is on all the grounds. I also like the mix of capacities hopefully creating different atmospheres. I hope that for low key domestic games there will be about 1000 people at a 40,000 capacity stadium. It was always annoying on previous games that there would be a full house, even for something like Northants vs Leicestershire with every one of those fans jumping up and down for 7 hours.

Was the reason for the big capacity in your career mode videos because of the bugged build?

this is shit amazing this much detail involved and looking forward for dbc 16 more than dbc14

Was the reason for the big capacity in your career mode videos because of the bugged build?
Yeah, I asked about that here - Mikey mentioned they normally get sparse crowds.

this is shit amazing this much detail involved and looking forward for dbc 16 more than dbc14
Are you being positive or negative?

Go to any team in the Cricket Academy, select the Team Identity option and the Home Ground option in that. The first option then lets you cycle through the stadiums - which you can then pick the most appropriate one that looks the closest to the stadium the team actually plays at and then rename it - which is why sometimes the display name is different, the ground model is the same but with a name assigned to the team.

Thanks Matt. I guess not all stadiums are shown in the academy. The Apocalypse Game's preview shows Karachi Sports Club, which does not appear in the academy. Also no South Hampton in there, but we saw it another preview.

The Lahore Cricket Club is basically same as the Karachi Sports Club with minor changes - the roof seems to have been taken off from one portion. Although I would have loved something similar to the Qaddafi in Lahore but this would do just fine (as long as Karachi is in it).

----

Also I believe that BA should open up an architectural firm for sports grounds & stadiums. These improvised grounds/stadiums are absolute beautiful. Some of them should actually be there in place of the real ones.

obviously positive :eek: am i mad to negative that is jobs of that thing called superstuffthat,pommerrs etc

I guess not all stadiums are shown in the academy.
No. All grounds are shown, the list matches the one I made when I played the game and looked through the menus - also if you look at the image of the 'South Hampton' ground, it matches the one shown in game for Lancashire Stadium.

They are obviously being cautious with the naming - the 'Durban Fields' ground looks like Newlands, which is in Cape Town on the other side of South Africa. Obviously with Melbourne/Adelaide they would have some idea of the stance that the actual stadiums would take to licensing, so would probably have felt more comfortable with a closer/more obvious likeness.

They are obviously being cautious with the naming - the 'Durban Fields' ground looks like Newlands, which is in Cape Town on the other side of South Africa. Obviously with Melbourne/Adelaide they would have some idea of the stance that the actual stadiums would take to licensing, so would probably have felt more comfortable with a closer/more obvious likeness.

Ah! So similarly they decided to change the name of Karachi Sports Club to Lahore Cricket Club for the final release, as oppose to the Apocalypse Game's preview?

rfae.jpg

Looks like there's enough stadiums to keep things fresh - the details, lighting and colours all look pretty good. Now that the camera will be behind the batsman, we'll be able to see much more of the stadium than the usual camera used in cricket games where it's usually not much more than the pitch you can see so the variety is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the angle in that picture karachi posted. Seems like the far batsman camera with lower height.

I'm rather amused they added the Mysore Palace to the Delhi Stadium model. :D

Ross have you visited mumbai Taj Hotel ?

I have.

Reading between the lines, there's probably going to be a few extra stadiums included in DLC later on. That's just speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me based on a lot of what Ross has been saying...

I'm all for nondescript stadiums rather than real ones because, who cares really? I'd love more smaller grounds, like parks and recreational reserves with limited stadia or seating and nice big green embankments.

Makes for a more interesting career mode for one and would make you feel like you had "earned" any national call-up you receive during that mode. Also, smaller grounds rule.

Users who are viewing this thread