Stadiums ID

If they did a lot of their sound work, etc. at Junction oval in Melbourne it's a wonder they didn't try to recreate that. Not that sound work and creating an in-game stadium have anything to do with each other, but just a thought.

Personally, I'd like to see the grounds with the most varied pitches get made. Eg., the slope at Lords, the hard deck at the WACA, the spin friendly dust bowls of certain sub-continent pitches or some of the tiny grounds in NZ where the boundaries seem to exist on the fringes of the infield . I think it would be more interesting having different grounds that actually effect gameplay rather than it being just a graphical thing.

It would be great if eventually each ground had it's own character as far as pitch characteristics, deterioration, outfield, crowd size and behaviour, etc. go.

It just wouldn't feel right if you went to somewhere like Lords and it played like the WACA. I wonder if the randomness of pitch characteristics and weather are somewhat limited in-game so as to be slightly representative of where the ground is in the world.

Last edited:
If they did a lot of their sound work, etc. at Junction oval in Melbourne it's a wonder they didn't try to recreate that. Not that sound work and creating an in-game stadium have anything to do with each other, but just a thought.

Personally, I'd like to see the grounds with the most varied pitches get made. Eg., the slope at Lords, the hard deck at the WACA, the spin friendly dust bowls of certain sub-continent pitches or some of the tiny grounds in NZ where the boundaries seem to exist on the fringes of the infield . I think it would be more interesting having different grounds that actually effect gameplay rather than it being just a graphical thing.

It would be great if eventually each ground had it's own character as far as pitch characteristics, deterioration, outfield, crowd size and behaviour, etc. go.

It just wouldn't feel right if you went to somewhere like Lords and it played like the WACA. I wonder if the randomness of pitch characteristics and weather are somewhat limited in-game so as to be slightly representative of where the ground is in the world.

The sounds are varied throughout, the Nets is a good example.

Pitches degrade over time, etc... and play differently based on the surface.

Weather is based on tables of existing weather patterns at the long/lat.

PS: Yeah, he's still got nothing :p

----------

BTW we have done 50+ licensed stadia in our other games, including all of the major Australian venues, licensing was an issue for this game for the obvious reasons.

Last edited:
There will be. We have a person with the "Black Screen" coming in to the office so hopefully we will be able to track that down.

Weather is based on tables of existing weather patterns at the long/lat.

Cool, I did not know this. This will make the game even more immersive :)

The sounds are varied throughout, the Nets is a good example.

Pitches degrade over time, etc... and play differently based on the surface.

Sorry, I meant recreate the Junction as a stadium/oval to play on in the game. It's a lovely place to watch a game of cricket. I remember going there for an NZ v PM XI game and sitting on the little hill just inside the gates. A couple of sixes got hit onto St.Kilda/Queens Road (By Chris Cairns from memory) and I had to run out between traffic and go and fetch the ball!

I was wondering whether the randomly generated pitch type could be restricted so that it reflected what you would find in real life. Eg., you wouldn't see too many green tops in India.

wrong place but @BigAntStudios will the tours section be automatically updated with announcement like an tour is announced between australia & pak will it be automatically updated in our game if not try to include this

There are tours set up for a couple of years from memory.

Changes or additions will need to be done manually unless we release a patch, the major tours are pretty well set way in advance.

Wow! What has this game not promised, that is absolutely cooool,,,Ross everytime you give us something new, the harder the wait

Wow! What has this game not promised, that is absolutely cooool,,,Ross everytime you give us something new, the harder the wait

Are the upcoming tours in the last CA update? (Not sure)

edit: I see that only a few are there at the moment.

Last edited:
BTW we have done 50+ licensed stadia in our other games, including all of the major Australian venues, licensing was an issue for this game for the obvious reasons.

I wait for the day where I can play a cricket match at Shark Park, or rather Remondis Stadium :p

@BigAntStudios / Ross;

Is there any possibility that you could release a patch where by we could edit the names of the stadia? This way (may be) we can have our favorite cities/stadiums without much of a fuss from anyone.

Have you even download the Cricket Academy? We can already do that...

Users who are viewing this thread